Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400?

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400?
Dnw64,

I think there is a secret desire in many of us, to spend a bunch of time riding on our tractors cutting grass ...

Sorry, you read me all wrong. I hate cutting grass, and will do whatever I have to in order to avoid it. An annual brush hogging, or making hay, I may be able to live with.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #22  
I think it is worth $4500 - $5500; at least it would be in Ohio. you can get aftermarket loaders installed for $3500 - $4000. You can also keep your eyes open for a nice rear finish mower; now it isn't a bare tractor.

I would not sell it for $3000 - $4000. That is Garden tractore prices and it isn't a garden tractor. As some have said; just need the right buyer. This spring someone would buy it and put a rear tiller or rear finish mower on it.

I paid $7500 for my 2012 GC2400 with only a FEL. Feel like that was a decent deal. If you go spend $4k on an aftermarket loader you have a decent tractor. Then buy a rear finish mower; cheaper.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #23  
Dnw64,

No, I didn't read you wrong, I was just stating that many of us love the idea of an engine running and a big pile of yard to cut with it. . . But often can't because life is too hectic or our work is too challenging. I had no doubt you don't have that secret desire.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400?
Dnw64,

No, I didn't read you wrong, I was just stating that many of us love the idea of an engine running and a big pile of yard to cut with it. . . But often can't because life is too hectic or our work is too challenging. I had no doubt you don't have that secret desire.

I get you now.

My down-time dreams revolve around riding my (pedal) bike or cruising in my Boxster. I'm fortunate that I generally get to do both more often than many.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #25  
The cheaper route would probably be to buy a belly mower and fel for your existing unit. The mid mount mower is about $1000 more than a tph finish mower. Weigh the options or just get a brand new unit the way you want it and with a warranty.

/ Is there any market for a bare GC2300/2400? #26  
If you already have the loader control valve then you're not too badly off.
I bought mine with just the belly mower and never even thought about a loader since I have a MF563 with FEL.

When I wanted to add a snow blower the lcv was costed at over $1200. Who knew?

Best bet when buying one of these units is to get as many options as possible initially no matter your current needs. To add them later is prohibitively expensive.
Too late now but good advice for future buyers.