Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"...

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #1  

LostInTheWoods

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
...or some equivalent.

I know its not directly tractor-related (but, you know, trucks can haul tractors), but does anyone know of a good automotive forum? One with generally friendly posters that can give advice on diagnosing and fixing automotive issues? One where the experienced posters won't exibit too much umbrage with desctiptions like "you know, that thing-a-majig"?

My truck has been intermittently hesitating at start-up, and I'd like to try to sort it out myself (with help) on an appropriate forum. Not being mechanically inclined, it might take a while. But I'm up for the challenge.

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #2  
If your vehicle is a Chevy, then you cannot beat "Chevy Talk DOT org"

Very informative and helpful

I visit there a lot.

If it is not a Chevy , then I dunno

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #3  
edmunds.com

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #4  
   / Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"...
If your vehicle is a Chevy, then you cannot beat "Chevy Talk DOT org"

Very informative and helpful

I visit there a lot.

If it is not a Chevy , then I dunno

edmunds.com

My truck's actually <gasp> foreign. But owned by Ford and other than cosmetics, is essentially a Ford. Came out of the same assembly plant in Missouri as its Ford "brother".

I will definitely check the edmunds.com and Ford sites. Any other recommendations welcome.

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #6  
My truck's actually <gasp> foreign. But owned by Ford and other than cosmetics, is essentially a Ford. Came out of the same assembly plant in Missouri as its Ford "brother".

I will definitely check the edmunds.com and Ford sites. Any other recommendations welcome.

The Fords sold under the Mazda name have only minor cosmetic differences. I'd do a search for Ranger issues like you are experiencing.

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #7  
if it's toyota,
Toyota Tundra Forums : Tundra Solutions Forum has great forums

also Toyota Nation

I have used both with great success

i don't own/drive anything else so i can't advise you on
another brand, but now that i re-read your post,
it sounds like you have a mazda, let us know if
we can help

good luck

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #8  
I would have seconded Chevytalk, I have spent a lot of time there over the years.

Brian

/ Is there an "AutomotiveByNet"... #9  
:laughing:For Ford Trucks, Diesel Forum - TheDieselStop.com

The website is pretty old. I think I found them when they had Ford in their name. Of course Ford stopped them from using Ford in the website name just like Kubota forced the name change on the website that became TBN.

There are people on that website who have been on there for MANY years. :thumbsup:

Later,
Dan