Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights?

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights? #1  

Tags

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX2360/ Kubota SVL90-2/ Kobelco 115SR/ Takeuchi TB260
Going to start using my BX for snow removal at my house and want to add some forward and rear facing lights to the rops and was wondering if there is already wiring back there or if I need to add it or use the wiring from the rear maker lights? There is a constant 12 volt wire taped to the harness that I found but nothing switched from the light switch.

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights? #2  
I don't know the BX at all, On the L series there is an unused connector under the left fender. It's not real obvious as it's tied in with the other wires but it's there. It comes from the work light fuse, which powers it. If Kubota has a work light option for your tractor there is probably a connector for it. The fuse for mine is only ten amps as it's very light wire. It is switched by the ignition, there is no additional switch in the circuit, you must add your own. I use mine for an LED light bar on the ROPS.

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights? #3  
Look at your left fender it should be taped to the other wires. If so post a photo of the plug. If it’s the same as the l series the plug is available on Amazon go a few dollars versus the over a hundred from kubota I can provide the number of the plug if it is the same as an l series

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights?
Great info, I'll give a look on Monday and report back. Thanks!

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights? #5  
Great info, I'll give a look on Monday and report back. Thanks!
There is no aux light plug on the rear of a BX tractor. The Kubota optional rear work light has an ON-OFF switch on it and pugs into the Constant power wire you found.

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights?
Ok, kind of figured that’s how they might have set it up. Thanks for the info, really appreciate it.

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights? #7  
There is no aux light plug on the rear of a BX tractor. The Kubota optional rear work light has an ON-OFF switch on it and pugs into the Constant power wire you found.
Is that the one wrapped in blue tape?
There is a plug under rear left fender wrapped in blue tape. Every bx I've ever looked at has this.
This is a contant power? I bought some lights that have an on/off switch built into the wiring that came with them.

/ Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights? #8  
Is that the one wrapped in blue tape?
There is a plug under rear left fender wrapped in blue tape. Every bx I've ever looked at has this.
This is a contant power? I bought some lights that have an on/off switch built into the wiring that came with them.
All BX series prior to the 80 series has the accessory wire in the center of the tractor, near the three-point center link anchor. I will have to check on an 80 series.
Attached are the Installation instructions for a rear light on a BX-80 series.

Attachments

• BX_80_Rear-light.pdf
    325.8 KB · Views: 217
   / Is there already wiring “hidden” on a BX2360 for aux lights? #9  
My M6040 has an unswitched hot lead under the right fender - looking back to front. I had to instal a switch when I installed my rear work light.

The light and switch are sitting on top of the turn signal protective bezel.

IMG_0007.jpeg

Last edited: