Is there a place to report phone scams?

/ Is there a place to report phone scams? #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
I imagine everyone has heard of the phone scam where the caller asks "can you hear me OK? then tries to pass a "yes" answer as some kind of contract or other. I've. gotten a "Can you hear me OK? " call for two days in a row. Is there a number I should call to report it?

/ Is there a place to report phone scams?
Good on you for not saying "Yes".

Yes, there is a site, though many of the scammers fake their caller ID, so it may not be worth much.

All the best, Peter
I asked the last one if she realized the question she'd asked was used by scammers the world over. She hung up before I had finished.

/ Is there a place to report phone scams? #5  
I've taken to wasting their time by asking politely whether they are worried about the damage that they are doing to their karma by their job. The responses range from "click" through to abuse in Hindi. One guy did that he wasn't worried, and then lost it. So, perhaps he did have concerns after all.

I can't wait for the Feds to finally implement verified caller ID for all calls.

All the best,

Peter

/ Is there a place to report phone scams? #6  
I've taken to wasting their time by asking politely whether they are worried about the damage that they are doing to their karma by their job. The responses range from "click" through to abuse in Hindi. One guy did that he wasn't worried, and then lost it. So, perhaps he did have concerns after all.

I can't wait for the Feds to finally implement verified caller ID for all calls.
+1 on that. I'm sure the technology already exists (such as for 911 purposes).

In the days before caller ID was standard, I'd sometimes mess with them, but it got old after a while...easier to not answer if I don't recognize the caller.

/ Is there a place to report phone scams? #7  
Don't recognize, Don't answer

/ Is there a place to report phone scams? #8  
On the local news lately they have been recommending report the call to local police .

/ Is there a place to report phone scams?
Don't recognize, Don't answer.
I've been expecting very important calls and am not sure how the hospital system's phones show up on my caller ID.