Is there a front mounted snowblower for a M8540 Narrow?

/ Is there a front mounted snowblower for a M8540 Narrow? #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I am curious if someone actually makes a snowblower for the front of a M8540 Narrow. I don't know if there is any physical difference other then cab and axles between the narrow and regular M series but a front mounted snow blower may be handy keeping the vineyards open during the winter for the trimmers to have easy access.

/ Is there a front mounted snowblower for a M8540 Narrow? #2  
I know that they? someone, makes a front mount that is driven off the rear pto, and I'd think that most of the attachment points would not change with the narrow version becuse they are to the frame. Sounds like some inernet searches for you. Keep in mind that they can only throw the snow so far, and how many rows that could be opened before you were throwing back into the rows. Maybe you could do it on a really windy day.:thumbsup:

/ Is there a front mounted snowblower for a M8540 Narrow?
I know that they? someone, makes a front mount that is driven off the rear pto, and I'd think that most of the attachment points would not change with the narrow version becuse they are to the frame. Sounds like some inernet searches for you. Keep in mind that they can only throw the snow so far, and how many rows that could be opened before you were throwing back into the rows. Maybe you could do it on a really windy day.:thumbsup:

The blower would only be used to open the driveways and head lands. Not the actual rows. I don't need to keep them open every day, just open up the blocks the trimmers are working on or about to start on. Once they are done trimming that particular block it would be left alone till the snow melts.

I thought about doing a search but figured I would ask the members on here first as I have no experience at all with front mount snow blowers and while I do own a 3pt snow blower I have only ever used it a few times around 8 years ago. It just sits parked in the barn. I am sure the members on here would be able to advise me where to look and what to look for instead of starting off with no idea. Thats all I am looking for, a decent starting point and any issues I should consider.

Thanks for replying

/ Is there a front mounted snowblower for a M8540 Narrow? #4  
Front Mount Snowblower for Compact Tractor : Erskine Attachments, Inc.

www.AlcanDistributors.com

Beaver Valley Supply Company - Schulte Snow Blowers

The Schulte page (3rd link) has a mount/drive unit that allows one to use a 3pt snowblower on front of tractor and drive from rear PTO. Might be interesting if you already have the 3pt blower.

I have no experience with any, but have looked a few times. I just couldn't justify $$ unless I was going to do some custom work on the side.

Happy Hunting
Wxman

Thanks, from looking at some of the videos on the one sight it doesn't look like they would work very well with a tractor equiped with front weights.

/ Is there a front mounted snowblower for a M8540 Narrow? #6  
I don't know that anyone has put one on the Narrow tractors yet but I'd wonder why it couldn't be done. Go for it!

I don't know that anyone has put one on the Narrow tractors yet but I'd wonder why it couldn't be done. Go for it!

Art, would the front weights and weight bracket interfere with a front mounted blower?

Yes, here is a full set up designed for narrow tractors.

Welcome to KANLAN Attachments

http://macleanengineering.com/KANLAN/Products/Utility/brochures/M-Series.pdf

Upon further inspection, you can get a 50, 60, or 70 inch snow blower.

Thanks, the subframe system for front 3pt is something I have been considering. Great to find one for the tractor I am getting now. It will allow me to use the current snow blower as well and I can convert the front weights to a 3pt attachment so I can put them on and take them off as needed. The price isn't attractive but it is something I can work with.

Do you have any experience with the sub-frame mounts?

/ Is there a front mounted snowblower for a M8540 Narrow? #10  
Sorry, just an equipment buff. I assume that this front mounted 3pt hitch system would be cheaper than a comparable system from Laforge.