Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen?

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #2  
If the production of these vehicles actually becomes a reality in this Country, hopefully these vehicles will differ from the "Tata Nano" - the World's Cheapest Car. Although the Tata Nano was not made by Mahindra, I am just posting my concerns that hopefully the engineering and manufacturing departments will remain building a viable and dependable product. Most times when building a new product in a new market, the concept involves using cheaper steel, materials and parts, thus increasing the chance of producing a less dependable product.

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #3  
Looks kinda like a Jeep.

The India truck story has been long and sordid. Hasn't gone too well with many dealers getting geared up just to wait.

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #4  
Ive been watching this for years, i don't think it will ever happen. The rumor was a price between 20 and 25k.

I would wait it out to buy one though.

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #5  
MPGs are too low for the price. The projected MPGs are not much better than what my one ton Cummins powered dually can do on the highway.

The Jeep lineage comes from M&M building Willys Jeeps in WWII.
hugs, Brandi

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #6  
Any manufacturer that hits the market with a mini diesel in a small pick up will score. Jeep make a huger error by putting a diesel in a mini Jeep when they should have dome a full size wrangler diesel.

GM blew it when they didn't put a diesel in their Tahoe's for better mileage. A suburban with a diesel would be amazing.

Ford blew it when they put a diesel in a Behemoth called the excursion. Great idea for a diesel in a SUV but just the wrong vehicle. Soccer Moms thought they were driving the titanic.

I bought a diesel VW bug and it gets 40mpg and will out run anything on the freeway. VW gets it.

Real simple, a great diesel engine that produces great mileage, in small to mid size vehicles.

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #7  
Cat Driver. I agree. :thumbsup:

Ford sells a world Ranger/diesel and gets 40 mpg. Pulls tree stumps. Sold here? Nope.

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #8  
I agree, if Toyota brought the diesel hilux or Mitsubishi brought their diesel pickup over they would fly off the lots.

HS

Last edited:
   / Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #9  
Cat Driver. I agree. :thumbsup:

Ford sells a world Ranger/diesel and gets 40 mpg. Pulls tree stumps. Sold here? Nope.

The Ford Fiesta diesel over in Europe gets up around 60 MPG or better. But Ford says they would lose money on it here.
hugs, Brandi

/ Is the Mahindra truck really going to happen? #10  
I found my next ranch truck, now how do I get one.

HS

Attachments

• Iveco_Daily4x4_008.jpg
    Iveco_Daily4x4_008.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 501
  • Iveco-Daily-2_grande.jpg
    Iveco-Daily-2_grande.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 2,236