is it wash and wear?

/ is it wash and wear? #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
dumb cab newbie question time, but can I lightly spray down the interior of my Kubota cab with water and then towel dry? I know not to get water inside the controls, but the floor, the other places I've tracked mud, is it washable?
and does the water drain out ok? I do this with all my other equipment, including a blow dry with a hand air blower for internal spots.
My experience would tell me yes, but carefully. The rubber mat is holding up ok, maybe I just need to see if that comes out by itself for cleaning. Tracked a lot of mud in after the storm.
What works best? Thanks
Drew

/ is it wash and wear? #2  
I would be afraid to spray it with water you may get water in a bad place and you may splash the mud making a bigger mess. If the mud is dry I would suck the worst up with a shop vac then get a bucket of water and a rag and wash the rest down. You may wan to pull the rubber mat up and vacuum under it too.

/ is it wash and wear? #3  
X2
Too much stuff in the cab to risk it.

E/S

/ is it wash and wear? #4  
I'd have no problem washing out the floor, carefully. Wipe the rest down.

/ is it wash and wear?
I took a closer look today. No way can I hose it out as there's an absorbent pad under the rubber mat so all of that has to come out, and if it does, that's pretty much the whole floor. The rest I wipe down with a damp towel and a little
Napa Protectant once a year. Opening up both doors and blowing the floor dirt isn't an elegant method but seems effective, though I worry about what goes down the treadle holes. Probably vacuuming is a better idea but my
little Makita hand blower works quite nicely and is very aimable. Things have dried up a bit so not dragging as much mud around.

appreciate all the ideas.

/ is it wash and wear? #6  
I would be afraid to spray it with water you may get water in a bad place and you may splash the mud making a bigger mess. If the mud is dry I would suck the worst up with a shop vac then get a bucket of water and a rag and wash the rest down. You may wan to pull the rubber mat up and vacuum under it too.
Dear Sir: Are you aware that your IP address and other info is appearing at the end of your posts?

/ is it wash and wear? #7  
creekbend said:
Dear Sir: Are you aware that your IP address and other info is appearing at the end of your posts?

It is not my ip, it is yours.

/ is it wash and wear? #8  
And on top of that there is a "cockroach" running around over the IP information box.:D