Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR?

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #161  
The driving range on EV's is approximately the same as gas powered vehicles, with a full charge equivalent to a full tank of gas. EV's also inform you of how many more miles you can go with your current operating methods, and show you where your closest charging station is.
This is demonstrably false. The article shows the top EVs range. Only the Tesla S approaches what a typical gas car range would be. Most EVs have a range of around 200 miles. Maybe of you compare them to big trucks, but I'm guessing those have bigger tanks and still get 400 miles of range. Some have 30+ gallon tanks and go over 600 miles per fill.

Typical car today has a 15 gallon tank and gets 25 mpg. (not the most range, this about average). My Outback gets about 540 miles per tank.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #162  
How did this discussion go 135 years ago?? :
My family has been living in North America for 3 generations, we have always used horses,,
This new machine that they want me to convert to will just not suit our needs,

The manure from the horses is used to fertilize our garden,,
the only thing that comes out of that tractor is exhaust that will surely poison our air.

How will the oil that drips from the tractor not poison our soil,, ??
The lubrication oil simply leaks from the machine and is replaced,,
it never needs to be changed, because so much leaks out.
I have read in farm journals about how oil comes out of the ground in places like Texas,
and it kills everything for miles.

Who is going to produce these tractors? How will those workers get paid?
When I need another horse,
I simply take my horse "Jenny" over to "visit" Farmer Brown's stud horse for the afternoon,

I take Farmer Brown two dozen eggs, and Jenny comes home with a smile on her face,
then 11 to 12 months later, I have a replacement (sometimes two!!).
Who could EVER give me a new tractor for the cost of two dozen eggs??

There is no way to safely move that "fuel oil" to the farm,, and the cost!!
All Jenny needs is a little hay, and an occasional scoop of grain.

AND, who will ever fix that tractor!!?? IT is so complicated,,
If Jenny has a problem, I just give her a dose or 2 of castor oil,, in three days, she is perfect.
I could not even get a blacksmith to come to the farm to work on that tractor in three days,,

Our government better rethink the allowing the manufacture of internal combustion engines.
If they are ever used in cities,,
the city will no longer bring me the free loads of manure that they shovel from the streets.

Our society, as we know it, will surely fail!!

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #163  
This is demonstrably false. The article shows the top EVs range. Only the Tesla S approaches what a typical gas car range would be. Most EVs have a range of around 200 miles. Maybe of you compare them to big trucks, but I'm guessing those have bigger tanks and still get 400 miles of range. Some have 30+ gallon tanks and go over 600 miles per fill.

Typical car today has a 15 gallon tank and gets 25 mpg. (not the most range, this about average). My Outback gets about 540 miles per tank.

I would like to see if these EV ranges are with or without using an AC compressor or keeping the car warm during bitter cold. And how much is it for those batteries that steadily deteriorate with use?

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #164  
I've always lo

I've always loved Vista Cruisers... maybe one day?

Had a Cutlass Vista Cruiser with a 454 when gas went to 70 cents a gallon and had to give it away...

Moss... that TV is 6 kW per day but since it is entertainment and heater it pencils out.

2400 square feet 1950's split level with 1960, 70 and 80's appliances and original aluminum single pane casement window and average year round kW use is 12 per day... gas water and heat...
Remember, it's a heater in the summer, too. Increases air conditioning costs.

About 15 years ago, when I was still in I.T., and we'd buy servers, they started coming with BTU ratings. That was for a couple reasons, which I'm sure you know. You could figure that into your overall plant's HVAC plan. If you add X BTUs to a room, you'll either have to increase your cooling if it's a hot room, or decrease your heating if it's a cold room. A lot of places started using servers to help heat their buildings. Instead of sucking heat out of the outside air or ground to heat a building, they'd suck the heat out of the server room to help heat the building.

Heck, for several years Notre Dame experimented with putting servers in the desert dome at the local parks department conservatory to help heat it. Don't know what ever became of that project.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #165  
How did this discussion go 135 years ago?? :
My family has been living in North America for 3 generations, we have always used horses,,
This new machine that they want me to convert to will just not suit our needs,
This is a good one! It's true that oil drilling is not exactly environmentally friendly if the products and water is not disposed of properly. The brine from wells used to be released into local water ways to the detriment of those ecosystems.

On the other hand, we simply trade one pollution for another. Cities still have a higher level of particulates and probably causes some health problems in people. However, is that better or worse than piles of animal waste breeding flys and other diseases or getting into the water ways. Even now some water ways have too much bacteria content from the area cities at times.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #166  
I am for battery powered stuff when it works. But it is not zero emission in most cases. Power still needs to be generated.
Guess it's OK as long as it is generated in somebody else back yard, state or country.

Then how about disposing of all those batteries? clean, no polluting of the soil and water table?

OH, but they will recycle them hopefully using non polluting methods, and only clean energy.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #167  
I would like to see if these EV ranges are with or without using an AC compressor or keeping the car warm during bitter cold. And how much is it for those batteries that steadily deteriorate with use?
Everyone has seen the news articles about the snow mishap on I-95 interstate in Virginia, just a couple weeks ago.
The cars were running out of gas, as the drivers sat there and idled their engines.
The people were cold.

One "SMALL" news article told the story of how a Tesla owner stayed comfortable the entire time,,
The article went on to state that the driver of the Tesla had no concerns about carbon monoxide poisoning,,

That guy seemed to be OK,,, ?? o_O "~" :unsure:
Maybe as a solution,, we ALL need to move to 🌴🐠🍹🌴:):cool:

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #168  
Bloomberg Green

Wind Turbine Blades Can’t Be Recycled, So They’re Piling Up in Landfills
Companies are searching for ways to deal with the tens of thousands of blades that have reached the end of their lives.

Old windmill blades being bured.PNG

Scrap blades being buried in AZ.

This it the future of wind power.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #169  
This is just shocking how expensive a d short life these blades are. Where are the economics in wind power? What is the real cost to ecology.

/ Is AB-1346 The Beginning To The End Of The GARDEN TRACTOR? #170  
Bloomberg Green

Wind Turbine Blades Can’t Be Recycled, So They’re Piling Up in Landfills
Companies are searching for ways to deal with the tens of thousands of blades that have reached the end of their lives.

View attachment 729843
Scrap blades being buried in AZ.

This it the future of wind power.
Wind turbine blades can be recycled. It is cheaper to bury them than to truck them to the facilities that can recycle them. For what its worth poor engineering in the construction of the blades themselves saw some of the earlier blades have very very short life spans