Is a spike in tractor prices coming?

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
With shortages on all kinds of things, it seems logical to expect some degree of price hikes on tractors and related. A good guess is that the first of the year will see tractor prices rise. What do others think?

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #4  
I'd say so. Raw materials used in their manufacture has gone up so stands to reason they will as well.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #5  
Coming?

Try it's already here and has been here, where have you been?
This.

Where have you been?

Just checked price and availability on a 3pt snow blower. Last year at this time it was out of stock, and the price was still $3K.

This year (just looked this weekend) same blower was "in stock" but the price was $4K.

Same blower.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #6  
Prices already went up, several months ago. According to what I’m seeing, used tractor prices are way up, too.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming?
I know prices are up but I don't think manufacturers announced any permanent increase for evan after the time when the shortages end. Should I delete this thread? I think I can do it.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #9  
We rib all the guys who live under a rock;)

Seriously though, we saw steel surcharges added this year with essentially no warning. Price increases are hear to stay but most dealers are still offering some variation of 0% and rebates so we're not as bad as we are going to be, but we're racing toward it. I know I'm trying to convince the wife to let me buy every implement I think I'll ever need now as opposed to waiting until later next year or longer, with 0% alone you're probably going to make money even with a payment.

/ Is a spike in tractor prices coming? #10  
We have high inflation, IMO prices can only go up and in many cases dramatically.

Neil Messick's 7 minute video discusses his thoughts on industry shortages, temp price surcharges, then price increases.