Is a fully discharged battery now junk?

/ Is a fully discharged battery now junk? #21  
on the subject of tractor batteries: highly suggest sealed (non serviceable). recently replaced the factory battery w/removable inspection plates...fluid always splattered onto the tray regardless of water level in cells. so now i always use sealed batteries for tractor use.

/ Is a fully discharged battery now junk?
I'm the OP and will put the battery back in the tractor today and high charge it through use. Then will try to find a higher charge battery charger from a neighbor.

I'll get through this one and study-up on batteries and their characteristics. Thanks for all the help.

/ Is a fully discharged battery now junk? #23  
I have one of these Noco Genius chargers. It would take overnight, but I think it would recharge that battery. Amazon.com

/ Is a fully discharged battery now junk? #25  
Whether or not a wet cell battery will recover from being fully discharged, depends on a number of factors.

If the battery isn't already weak and near the end of it's useful life, you can usually get them to take a charge, and return it to service.

If it won't take a charge, you can sometimes use a manual mode charger to get it to start taking one, and or, a charger with a rejuvenation setting.

/ Is a fully discharged battery now junk? #26  
That is battery maintainer (1 amp) not a charger
Hi scootr,

I have charged dead batteries with it overnight. I switched over from my big chargers because this one doesn't cook my batteries.

The product description says: "Charge dead batteries - Charges batteries as low as 1-volt. Or use the all-new force mode that allows you to take control and manually begin charging dead batteries down to zero volts."

/ Is a fully discharged battery now junk? #28  
Noco 5 Genius charger here - that thing is a heck of a good charger - brought life back to a 2 dead cell battery - Not great capacity in the one cell but it works at 12v

Noco 5 Genius charger here - that thing is a heck of a good charger - brought life back to a 2 dead cell battery - Not great capacity in the one cell but it works at 12v

Nico now makes much more powerful chargers.

/ Is a fully discharged battery now junk? #30  
Wow, thank you all for the voice of optimism.I've bought a lot of batteries this year and don't need any more.

It must be an old wive's tale that fully discharged ruins a battery. Or maybe that was in the olden days. These days I charge batteries just before the cold starts and I've had great luck with longevity.
I'm not positive, but I accidentally turned on the fuel solenoid on my backup generator and it sat that way for several months. Deciding to exercise it due to a forecasted storm. This was spring/summer temps.
2 or 3 days on a low charge brought it back up to 12+ volts but the amperage was low.
It was only 2-3 years old and due to its use in the backup generator, it got replaced.