Intimidator UTV reviews or real world info?

/ Intimidator UTV reviews or real world info? #1  

Dadnatron

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5100e with FEL
I have been looking at UTVs for a while, never quite pulling the trigger.

I am looking for a solid farm work vehicle, nothing flashy or trail riding worthy. I have landed on a Kubota 1140 and I致e been looking for a used one or waiting til this fall to get a new one. But in the process, I ran across Intimidator and the build intrigues me. But, they are rare as hens teeth and it seems to me they should be doing better (more popular). There are almost no reviews or information not put out by the manufacturer.

So, I will ask here... any info on the machines? Their ups and downs, repairs, etc?

/ Intimidator UTV reviews or real world info? #2  
Is there a dealership near you for any service or repairs that might be needed down the road ?

/ Intimidator UTV reviews or real world info? #3  
Same as trails, I'd recommend looking at whatever the dealerships sell nearest you. At least as a stating point. Service is important to us.

/ Intimidator UTV reviews or real world info? #4  
They make the Mahindra Retriever. My neighbor had one for about 8 months and had nothing but trouble with it (I think he got about 3 weeks use out of it the whole time). Mahindra warranty support was terrible, which is probably a separate issue unrelated to Intimidator. Finally he had a lawyer send them a letter saying he wasn't making any more payments on it because it was unusable, and they took it back.

/ Intimidator UTV reviews or real world info? #5  
I have a 2015 Intimidator classic diesel with over 2000 miles. The only real issues I've had are the location of the oil filter and access to the engine oil drain plug. Doing my first oil change I learned that to change the oil filter you either had to remove the alternator or exhaust manifold. I was only going to do that once so I installed a remote oil filter kit purchased direct from Kohler. To drain the oil a large steel skid plate had to be removed. I installed a valve in the oil pan plug hole that clears the skid plate to make oil draining easy. Aside from those issues I'd say it has been a real work horse. One of the main reasons I chose Intimidator was aluminum box option, much better than the plastic the competition uses. I am not a fan of a CVT, but the only alternative at the time was a hydrostatic drive which is much heavier. I didn't think the extra weight would be good because I frequently cross a large creek when the creek is low enough. I don't have a dealer close by, but it hasn't been a major issue so far. So far I can't complain, except the above design issues. It's used almost daily and it's been very reliable.