International 674

/ International 674 #1  
Tractor
International 674
Hi,

I bought my first tractor today at auction. I don’t even have property yet but I needed a tractor and this seemed like a good deal. What is your impression of the International 674? Have any of you ever rebuilt the d239 engine? Any advice with this tractor or tractors in general would be great. Thanks

/ International 674 #2  
Solid tractor, the basic design was made from the early 70s into the 2000s under IH, CaseIH and McCormick brands.

Main weak spots are brakes and parking brake.

I run the 3 cyl version of the D239 (D179) in a smaller model and no worries. Have had work done to it over the years and parts were available and it's basic enough.

/ International 674 #3  
I have a 584, one model newer, one model smaller.
But, still similar.
I would want to know a WHOLE lot more, before an engine overhaul was discussed.
My 584 has the original engine,, The biggest thing that I needed was a new starter solenoid.

(The tractor would almost not start with an aftermarket solenoid. I got a Bosch solenoid, it had been flawless ever since.)

My tractor has not sat outside overnight in over 25 years of my ownership.

/ International 674 #4  
My 574 has several thousand hours on the original engine.
As has been mentioned the brakes are pricey and labor intensive to repair and the parking brake band is also.
Adding a gear reduction starter to mine improved the starting immensely.
Getting the fuel stop in the correct position for cold starting can be difficult.
Why are you contemplating an engine overhaul?

/ International 674
Thanks for all your replies. I think it’s got over 10,000 hours because the hour meter rolled back to like 1200 hours or so.I haven’t brought it back yet so I don’t know if the hour meter is running. It’s rough but it runs and it was $2400. I’m going to try to put a loader on it so if anyone will have any good info to help me with that process when I post about it. Look forward to getting this tractor back in tip top shape!

/ International 674 #7  
Thanks for all your replies. I think it’s got over 10,000 hours because the hour meter rolled back to like 1200 hours or so.I haven’t brought it back yet so I don’t know if the hour meter is running. It’s rough but it runs and it was $2400. I’m going to try to put a loader on it so if anyone will have any good info to help me with that process when I post about it. Look forward to getting this tractor back in tip top shape!

Hour meter could be broken at 1200 too.

2250 loader likely easily to find and get mounts for.

/ International 674 #8  
2250 loader likely easily to find and get mounts for.

The 2250 is good for small tasks,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, o_O

2RRluUw.jpg

/ International 674
My 574 has several thousand hours on the original engine.
As has been mentioned the brakes are pricey and labor intensive to repair and the parking brake band is also.
Adding a gear reduction starter to mine improved the starting immensely.
Getting the fuel stop in the correct position for cold starting can be difficult.
Why are you contemplating an engine overhaul?
It will need one eventually I’d assume. Having one where parts are easily accessible for these type of thing will ensure I’ll be able to hopefully keep it running forever.

/ International 674 #10  
Buy something else sounds like junk to me.