International 434D hydraulics bumping or jerking

/ International 434D hydraulics bumping or jerking #11  
20180207_060504.jpg

/ International 434D hydraulics bumping or jerking #12  
I hope this will keep you going for the day ? Do not give up on this tractor.

/ International 434D hydraulics bumping or jerking
20180204_144740.jpg20180204_145052.jpg20180204_145056.jpg20180204_151425.jpg20180204_151537.jpg20180204_151603.jpg

Ok, I could not post images this am on phone, so am trying now, if they attach and post, shows the valve taps ? and 3pt levers and knobs, also shows what looks to be some sort of brake pedal, also, is this model meant to have a diff lock and where is that ? (maybe in the pics)

Also brake pedal is linked together, but you can slide the link that joins them, I guess this is to aid turning in certain circumstances ?

Ok, so images uploaded....

On the first image, the knob at the right of screen was the one owner said was repaired, as was leaking, the one on left or foreground was in position as shown as this was happening.

You can see it is missing headlights and grill, I am not too concerned about this, engine fired up first go & sounded normal.....

So, even with about, would you consider this a good deal for 4k US & it has some attachments, my thinking is depends on what sort of cost or issues this behavior will incur, if it wont do any damage or cause 3pt to lose all function, then is prob not going to be an issue as will only get occasion easy use on small acres I imaging, I might drag a tree stump or 2 out with the grader blade though if it is able.

/ International 434D hydraulics bumping or jerking #16  
Ok, I could not post images this am on phone, so am trying now, if they attach and post, shows the valve taps ? and 3pt levers and knobs, also shows what looks to be some sort of brake pedal, also, is this model meant to have a diff lock and where is that ? (maybe in the pics)

Also brake pedal is linked together, but you can slide the link that joins them, I guess this is to aid turning in certain circumstances ?

The pedal in the back below the 3 point controls is the differential lock.

Yes the brakes can be applied individually for turning.

There is a suction screen in the large metal tube that goes in the housing below the seat on the right side of the tractor when facing forward. I would pull that and clean it not you will lose lots of your hydraulic fluid if you don't park the tractor facing up hill.

Last edited:
So too lock the diff you just press.....then when not needed press again? Not in a spot where you can do it whilst in use it seems, so sort of like old 4wd diff lock.

Next time I see it owner will expect me to hand over cash :)

/ International 434D hydraulics bumping or jerking #19  
So too lock the diff you just press.....then when not needed press again? Not in a spot where you can do it whilst in use it seems, so sort of like old 4wd diff lock.

Correct

On my 424 it will stick engaged sometimes making hard to steer, but it unlocks if I reverse directions and sometimes tapping the left or right brake will release it also.

Thanks for your help so far, I have re read the post.

Sorry if it was not clear, but tractor is near ish to my work, but I am way too far to just drop over and the seller is away till weekend. So I am just writing a few more things, before I decide to make an offer.

1 Can position control be turned off, or, if left on, and this keeps doing this, is there a downside....i.e wear something out or blow pump etc ?
2 Would you still buy this with either of these problems if it was 1k under others on market ?
3 Seller said, as you sit on tractor, that the tap on the left had a leak, and he got someone to fix it, I just wonder if it is related, the seller is not a tractor person really, he got it from a work mate years ago that went OS
4 what is involved if is piston seal ?
5 what is involve with valves in rockshafthousing

I have reasonable mechanical skills as well, but am not looking for a project or rebuild, if you know what I mean, I already have enough to do, tractor to make less work, not more :)

Also, in 3rd image, I know main control lifts or lowers, but what do the others do ? I guess I should look for a users manual....seller has no idea.