Insurance Insurance Again!!

/ Insurance Again!! #21  
It pays to shop around. I have Allstate insurance on my home in Ga and a home in NC, and on two vehicles but they would not cover my tractor except when it is actually on one of the two propeties. I am only covered for liability while its on the road between the two residences. I bought an "inland marine" policy from Statefarm for $20 per month for $16,000 coverage that will cover anything that happens, anywhere, even if I am working on someone elses property for hire. But they wouldn't cover the trailer itself. I don't have the policy in front of me but the deductible is very low or none. I work in law enforcement and it is amazing how few drivers have insurance on Friday and Saturday nights. So I never count on the other guy being insured.

/ Insurance Again!! #22  
jjcc246 said:
Redneck,

I would be interested in looking at that policy. I'm a couple of years into my loan, but if the insurance is affordable, I would be interested. Thanks

This is a copy of the policy/insurance I got from CNH when I first started shopping around for a new tractor.

Attachments

• NH_Policy.pdf
    122.5 KB · Views: 163
   / Insurance Again!! #23  
A good Inland Marine policy is often less expensive than the factory insurance and has more comprehensive coverage. Mine is from Equipment International and was $50/yr cheaper than Kubota's. One thing to remember about home insurance is it often does NOT cover you while transporting or away from your residence. Read all the fine print (there is a lot of it).