Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #11  
Hope inserting colored text into the quote works! Seemed like the easiest thing to do...:)

Bill

1) The spacers are attached to the hub with new hardware. I guess they must have the Original Metric threads, as they did meet up with the studs/holes. However, the nut/bolt socket sizes were SAE (3/4 and 13/16 IIRC). The original hardware was then used to attach the wheels to the spacers.

2) See above. The bolts were one SAE size and the nuts were a different SAE size.

3) Couldn't say - I didn't have a Steel set to compare with...

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #12  
Don稚 you get new studs when you buy the spacers? I installed 1.5 inch spacers on my B2320 and had plenty of clearance. The only trouble I had was the weight of the loaded tires?heavy.

Original studs are used to connect the spacers to the spacers. Spacers have new studs included.

I found my ~500# tires remarkably easy to move. I did use a 1x3 piece of oak to help move the tire into position to reinstall it. Not too big of a deal.

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #13  
Wow. I can understand your frustration.

But, they seem very well made. I got the aluminum ones - that's all that I saw. Maybe he had problems with the steel ones (based on your experience) and discontinued them. I ordered mine in early November I believe it was.

The only ones they had listed for mine were the steel ones and at the time they were the only company I could find that made spacers for my tractor. I searched for other companies that make them and ended up emailing Richard at Bro-Tek in Canada to ask if they could make them. They didn't currently make them for my tractor but he said they could. He was very pleasant to deal with and although I had a slight delay due to them needing to confirm dimensions on an identical tractor before making them, Richard was up front about it all and didn't ask for any payment until they were ready to ship. The Bro-Tek ones are aluminum.

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150
Here's what the Bro Tek spacer that I used looks like... wheel spacer.jpeg

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #15  
Here's the Bora. I like that they mimic the OE pattern of just two studs - makes getting a 500# tire/wheel assembly back on...2018-12-01 14.11.35.jpg

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #16  
Thanks to both of you for posting the pictures. I am leaning towards buying the Bora. I too like the way they mimic the original Kubota layout.

I have had the steel to make 1" spacers for my B2910 myself, but in 8 years I have not done it so I am thinking I may buy the 3" spacers and be done with it. I took my chains off this summer for the first time after about twelve years. It is so nice not have to deal with a twisted chain that strikes the fenders! Spacers will solve that issue.

My chains don't work that well with my R4 tires. Most of the chain falls into the space between the lugs. With extra clearance I could run the chains loose like my neighbor used to. They would fall out of the groves and self clean so to speak. Might try that...

For a couple bucks extra the added width might also give some needed stability...

Bill

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #17  
My chains don't work that well with my R4 tires. Most of the chain falls into the space between the lugs. With extra clearance I could run the chains loose like my neighbor used to. They would fall out of the groves and self clean so to speak. Might try that...

I haven't installed them yet, but I bought Euro style chains that seem to avoid the "falling in between lugs" issue.

Eko | Tractor and Snow chains | Products | OFA

Eko_a.png

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #18  
I have simple ladder type chains. The ones you have should work MUCH better than what I have.

No doubt you will be happy with them.

/ Installing wheel spacers on Kubota B2150 #20