installing BH on a KAMA 454

/ installing BH on a KAMA 454 #1  

Paddy

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota, G5200, KAMA 454
I have a Ford 758 BH. At some point someone added an external pump to the BH. It is bolted in position, just not the right position. I would like to know if I can use the KAMA's hydro system to power the BH. I think it would make installing/removing a bit quicker if I could. I assume I don't use the quick release lines on the rear coming from the seat controled valves. I understand these are for aux cylinders on attachments, grader leveling/angle.

Thanks for any ideas

Patrick

/ installing BH on a KAMA 454 #2  
On my Jepe (Futian) 354 I use the hydraulics that are on the back. When I need power to the backhoe I push the lever forward and lock it in place. The 354 has two hookups, one that is live (backhoe) and one that has a lever that would make an implement go up and down, (center detent) or fold implement wings up and down, etc. I have used this setup many hours now, and it works great. My 3 point backhoe is really fast and easy to hook and unhook with the quick conn. hydraulics on the back. That being said, I do use common sense when working the 3 point backhoe, as to not inflict undue strain on the tractor attachment points and always make good ground contact with the out riggers. Hope this helps. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ installing BH on a KAMA 454 #3  
Patrick,
If you backhoe has a tank on it, it is easier to use PTO pump. Since you have the new 2005 design, we can supply a rear pump to run the hoe that will bolt to the rectangular panel above the PTO shaft.

IF you dont have a tank, you could run off the remotes, you will have to add a pin to latch the lever in full forward (or reverse depending on how you connect the quick connects).

I understand the Scozz has added a backhoe to his, I am thinking he used the remotes, perhaps he will add his two dimes worth (inflation you know)

/ installing BH on a KAMA 454
My Kama has fittings for the FEL, right side. And two levers beside the seat for the two rear remotes. One lever springs back to center, the other sticks. Not sure if was intended to or just a clearence issue with the handle.

I wonder if the FEL hydro taps can be Tee'd to use the mains.

My BH has seen a few modifications before I bought it. As noted abve, has it's own pump and oil tank. I need to see if this pump has more flow capacity than the tractor. If so, it would be the only advantage of using it verses KAMA's system. There has been some mods the frame as well. A new top link was welded in to place. It has heavy sub-frame members that goes back to the rear axel area. I want to tie the FEL frame and BH frame together at the rear axel.

I have comercial plans just getting ready to build a lake house and want to be able to handle some projects myself.

Patrick

/ installing BH on a KAMA 454 #5  
Patrick,
I have run my 3 pt backhoe off the rear remotes of my KM454. I purchased metric adapters and changed the metric quick connects to Pioneer style so they are compatable with any implement I want to hook up. The tractor pump provides more than adequate gpm to run my backhoe (I've got a caddigger 728) in fact I knock the rpm down to about 1200 to slow it down some. As previously mentioned the remote lever needs to be held forward to divert fluid to the remote .. I used a bungee to hold it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Works extremely well (as well as a 3pt set-up can) for the tinkerin' I need to do...Scozz

/ installing BH on a KAMA 454
Correction on my above message. I intended to write, NO comercial use. Just want to puter around, ie dig holes.

Looks like I have options to go direct or use the existing pump.