Installed Culvert

/ Installed Culvert #1  

Jag

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota /L2650/ LA450/B4690 -- John Deere 450 Dozer
Here is a picture of a culvert going in an old field road.
It is going in a low spot that will stay wet all winter. It does not have a lot of run off to carry.

Attachments

• 33-84849-ditch2.jpg
    33-84849-ditch2.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 170
   / Installed Culvert #2  
Jag -

I can certainly relate to this project. I have a very similar picture here. Even the tractor is pretty close to the same. The story of all 3 of my culverts is on my tractor web pages.

Good luck, and feel free to show us more pictures. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Installed Culvert #3  
Almost thought ya got yourself a backhoe, Harv, looking at that photo. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Nice work Jag!

msig2.gif

/ Installed Culvert #4  
I'll haul my but down to the pond and get some pics - save a lot of words. Guess if I just had a road crossing type culvert I wouldn't have a problem but being watertight against constant hydrostatic pressure is another matter /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Installed Culvert #5  
<font color=blue>Almost thought ya got yourself a backhoe</font color=blue>

Funny you should put it that way, Muhammad. Here's another snapshot from my tractor web site that appears with the caption, "Using the FEL bucket like a backhoe". I lowered the bucket into the work area, angled it to full dump position (thus scooping dirt behind it) and then backed up, pulling the load up and out.

Don't know if this was good technique or sheer desperation, but it got the job done. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Installed Culvert #6  
Harv, I don't know about anyone else but I can't get to the more detailed views when I click on the thumbnail views. Tried IE5.5 and Netscape 4.76.

logo.jpg

/ Installed Culvert #7  
<font color=blue>can't get to the more detailed views</font color=blue>

Yep, David, it seems to be one of those, "works for me but not for anyone else" problems. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

I just posted my explanation/excuses in this message.

It's all fixed now.

Maybe. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ Installed Culvert
Harv, I will give a before and after photos of this project when I finish getting the downed trees cut and brush piles burned. Cleaned about 4-5 acre leading to the culvert, but as in most projects as soon as the culvert was in other things were a priorty...