INGERSOLL (Case / IH) ride on mower - please help me identify

/ INGERSOLL (Case / IH) ride on mower - please help me identify #1  

scaredychicken

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 160 (1988), Arctic Cat 400 ATV (2006), Kubota BX23S (2018), Jacobsen Super Chief 1450 (1969), Cub Cadet RZT S50 zero turn mower (2012)
The photo below is described as an Ingersoll "sit on" mower. This is the only available photo. I am trying to figure out what it is as I have potential interest in these pedestal type steering mowers ... easy for me to get on/ off.

What I THINK it is, ... is an 8 - 12 hp mower, probably 200 - 225 lbs, mid to late 1980s, 30 - 38 inch cutting deck options. I can't find photos or details anywhere, including on tractordata
1625546371214.png

Somebody here is bound to be more knowledgeable :) thanks.

/ INGERSOLL (Case / IH) ride on mower - please help me identify
very close for sure

I followed your lead TMGT and found a photo of an Ingersoll XC80. looks to be 8 hp, with a 32 inch cutting deck, circa 1983 or thereabouts (internet photo)

some differences around seat, signage, and fenders, and the one that I am looking at is missing the engine cover

1625569228763.png

Ingersoll XC80

1625569934637.png

Ingersoll XE80 (even closer)

Last edited:
   / INGERSOLL (Case / IH) ride on mower - please help me identify #5  
very close for sure

I followed your lead TMGT and found a photo of an Ingersoll XC80. looks to be 8 hp, with a 32 inch cutting deck, circa 1983 or thereabouts (internet photo)

some differences around seat, signage, and fenders, and the one that I am looking at is missing the engine cover

View attachment 704910
Ingersoll XC80

View attachment 704911
Ingersoll XE80 (even closer)
Yup XE, I remembered it while driving but it looks like you found it already.

I use to have a brochure around here of the case/ingersoll line but finding might be a problem.

There's not a lot of info on the lighter LT and RER lines compared to the their GT's

/ INGERSOLL (Case / IH) ride on mower - please help me identify
There's not a lot of info on the lighter LT and RER lines compared to the their GT's

I'm going to attempt a translation guess here :)
- LT= LAWN TRACTORS
- RER = REAR ENGINE RIDER
- GT = GARDEN TRACTOR

I haven't heard from the seller at all yet

have a good night :)

/ INGERSOLL (Case / IH) ride on mower - please help me identify #7  
Yup you got it, I did find an earlier Case brochure but it only had an early 80 rer model listed.

Hefty unit at 340lbs but does use the friction disc drive like Snapper and Ariens.