Indentifying Massey Ferguson 35 hydraulic pump mark

/ Indentifying Massey Ferguson 35 hydraulic pump mark #1  

FordnMassey

Silver Member
Tractor
ford 3000 and MF35
Hi,

I have a 1962 Massey 35, UK built, that has some hydraulic pump issues and needs repair or replacement. Massey have 3 Marks of pump of similar size and shape and I don't know how to identify what Mark is in my tractor. I believe my tractor is old enough to have come with a Mark 1, but the pump currently in the tractor has a filter which I believe makes it a Mark 2. I don't know the history of the tractor and the current pump may not be the original.

Can anyone help me identify what pump I have?

Thanks in advance for your help.

/ Indentifying Massey Ferguson 35 hydraulic pump mark #2  
Replacement with one to another shouldn’t be a problem, but I will investigate to see differences for rebuilding

/ Indentifying Massey Ferguson 35 hydraulic pump mark #3  
There are difference in the different pumps. There were multiple sizes of pistons, different relief valves, shafts etc. Many can interchange, however put a high pressure big bore pump on a thin lift cover tractor, and really bad things happen.

The 35 used a lower pressure 0.91" piston pump, with a 2750psi pressure relief. It should be a MK1. The MK1 had filters facing up so you had to pull the top cover to replace them.

Below is a link to the AGCO parts catalogs online.

However there are way to many Massey 35's. Someone should have been fired at MF for re-utilizing the model so much.

/ Indentifying Massey Ferguson 35 hydraulic pump mark #4  
There are difference in the different pumps. There were multiple sizes of pistons, different relief valves, shafts etc. Many can interchange, however put a high pressure big bore pump on a thin lift cover tractor, and really bad things happen.

The 35 used a lower pressure 0.91" piston pump, with a 2750psi pressure relief. It should be a MK1. The MK1 had filters facing up so you had to pull the top cover to replace them.

Below is a link to the AGCO parts catalogs online.

However there are way to many Massey 35's. Someone should have been fired at MF for re-utilizing the model so much.
Thanks Sportsman762 for responding as someone with MF experience should have answered sooner, but you have responded and that is great. I was working on my phone this morning and didn't have an answer until just now too. The link here is the pump with the notes that FordnMassey needs to hopefully sort out this question.

Page 228 - Hydraulic pump

/ Indentifying Massey Ferguson 35 hydraulic pump mark
I'm pretty sure I have a mak 1, with the filter update. The pistons are 23mm diam and I believe that is the key.

Thanks for replying.