Inappropriate ads

/ Inappropriate ads #21  
Hey all,
I am afraid I might sound like a prude but please hear me out. I don't mind ads showing women wearing alluring attire or in alluring poses. I'm sure there are ads with men in similar poses and similar male related attire. In fact, I like ads showing women wearing sexy clothes. Ads showing women, not girls. I keep seeing ads from TEMU showing little girls in poses where they are trying to look sexy. Maybe I'm a prude. Or over sensitive. Still, I think the ads are inappropriate and I would rather not see them. I think little girls and boys need to be little girls and boys. The ads just push them into acting like adults way too soon. And I cannot stop these ads from appearing on TBN. TBN is the only place I see them. Google just ignores my comment about them being inappropriate and the ad often will reappear right after I close it after giving feedback saying it was inappropriate. Maybe I'm just an old prude but I don't think so. If I can't stop these ads I will just stop visiting at TBN because TBN is the only place where these ads appear. It is not like I am being passive. Every time one of these offensive shows up I close it and then send feedback saying the ad was inappropriate.
Sincerely,
Eric
The ads are every where and not restricted to TBN. Sex and violence attracts viewers. Look at the majority of television programs. All it seems are centered around one of the actors sexual dysfunction or sexual escapades. It is a given when watching a tv program and a female actors enters the plot, sexual activity will follow shortly.

/ Inappropriate ads #23  
For technical users, replace the firmware on your home router with a custom firmware such as FreshTomato (and others) that have ad blocking built in.

This stops ads as well as a host of other bad actors from ALL of your computers and cell phones that are using home wifi.

As my friend Barney would say, "You gotta nip it!, nip it at the bud!"

/ Inappropriate ads #24  
OP,

It has nothing to do with your Windows version, and everything to do with your internet browser.

I'm also running Windows 7, but I'm using Firefox as my web browser (you can download it for free).

The only reason I'm running Firefox is so that I can run additional "plug-ins" (they are like separate apps).

The plug in I'm running is ABP - Add Blocker Plus. It COMPLETELY stops all adds on any page, of any website I visit. You do have to select "block ALL adds" in the settings, as out of the box, it will allow some "non-intrusive" adds.

I've never seen an add or pop up of any kind on TBN or any other website. I've never even heard of "TEMU", until reading this thread.

/ Inappropriate ads #27  
Ad Block Ultimate removes ALL ads but it a pay app, unlike the lesser versions.
uBlock Origins.. Its free and the best.

/ Inappropriate ads
OP,

It has nothing to do with your Windows version, and everything to do with your internet browser.

I'm also running Windows 7, but I'm using Firefox as my web browser (you can download it for free).

The only reason I'm running Firefox is so that I can run additional "plug-ins" (they are like separate apps).

The plug in I'm running is ABP - Add Blocker Plus. It COMPLETELY stops all adds on any page, of any website I visit. You do have to select "block ALL adds" in the settings, as out of the box, it will allow some "non-intrusive" adds.

I've never seen an add or pop up of any kind on TBN or any other website. I've never even heard of "TEMU", until reading this thread.
I am using Firefox but did not know about the adblock plug-in. I have heard about plug-ins but never paid much attention to them. Thanks for the info, I'm gonna use it.
Eric

/ Inappropriate ads #30  
Some websites detects ad-bloc'ers and will block you from viewing.

Easy Peasy, use the "Block Element" feature and and block the script that blocks your view. It's usually a couple layers deep, but you can get by those blocking scripts....