Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,051  
Well, it's time for an engine oil change, and Rhinoceros was nice enough to provide this drain hole in the base of the house. Looks like I have rats. Nuts. :-(

I think they get in around the hyd hoses entering the house from the boom. It is a good time to do some more inspection of hoses for rub wear, and protection.

Plus, I need to get underneath to replace a leaky blade hose.

Attachments

• Oil_drain_access.jpg
    Oil_drain_access.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 62
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,052  
Well, it's time for an engine oil change, and Rhinoceros was nice enough to provide this drain hole in the base of the house. Looks like I have rats. Nuts. :-(

I think they get in around the hyd hoses entering the house from the boom. It is a good time to do some more inspection of hoses for rub wear, and protection.

Plus, I need to get underneath to replace a leaky blade hose.
Interesting,, My L12 has what appears to be the exact same drain hole. The drain for the engine oil misses the cutout by a few inches so I may install a flexible extension hose. I had oil running everywhere when I changed it.

#1,053  
Interesting,, My L12 has what appears to be the exact same drain hole. The drain for the engine oil misses the cutout by a few inches so I may install a flexible extension hose. I had oil running everywhere when I changed it.
You can try my tipping trick. I tip the whole machine on a slope, then open the drain plug, insert a hose, then tilt it back up to drain.

I fantasized about installing a drain valve, like you see on some riding mowers. But I just could not get it to fit. So my machine has had some spills inside the house. At least that makes it less attractive to rats.....

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,054  
You can try my tipping trick. I tip the whole machine on a slope, then open the drain plug, insert a hose, then tilt it back up to drain.

I fantasized about installing a drain valve, like you see on some riding mowers. But I just could not get it to fit. So my machine has had some spills inside the house. At least that makes it less attractive to rats.....
I remember seeing your method in pics. I think I have a place with a similar slope that maybe ideal, thanks for the reminder.!

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,055  
Poor little rats..... They only want to help you with some mods on your machine. :oops: :confused: They are real good at cutting wire and hoses.:mad:

#1,056  
They are real good at cutting wire and hoses.:mad:
I try to rat-proof my poor machines that don't sleep indoors. I usually use 1/4" steel screen, but I do not see how to safely screen off the open place in front that hoses go thru.

I once actually had a rat chew into the transparent plastic fuel filter on my UTV.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,057  
I try to rat-proof my poor machines that don't sleep indoors. I usually use 1/4" steel screen, but I do not see how to safely screen off the open place in front that hoses go thru.

I once actually had a rat chew into the transparent plastic fuel filter on my UTV.
Any machine I leave outside will be gnawed on by squirrels or chipmunks. the odd thing is, they always go for a fuel line or a gas cap.. I am convinced they like the smell of gasoline.
They even chewed through a neighbors fuel line on his Tacoma,$1400 in repairs.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,058  
Indoors or outdoors it doesn't matter the damned rodents will get to everything in one way or another. Either chewing defecating or nesting.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,059  
There is no adjustable flow. That is fixed by the gear pump. There IS an adjustable system relief valve, and I give that 95% chance it is set too low.

One wheel motor will run slower than the other when operated simultaneously, due to the system having one pump, and a single main open-center stack valve.

Yeah, change the hyd oil right away.
And where is that relief valve adjustment? The only thing I have found was under the right stick valve body (boom up/down, bucket in/out) but left it alone until I get more into it. No other visible adjustment for anything else other than the tracks. Also, this system here does not send me notices when someone posts or replies? My settings say to do it, but...............
RH Stick Control.jpg

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,060  
Indoors or outdoors it doesn't matter the damned rodents will get to everything in one way or another. Either chewing defecating or nesting.
For me, the worst thing is when they get in a camper. I cant stand the smell. I have given away 2 campers in my lifetime because a mouse got in. You hear lots of proven ways to keep rodents away. Irish spring was one thing I tried. Didnt work, a mouse ate half the bar and pooped all over the other half.. Rodents get NO mercy from me.. :mad: