Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,041  
The H15 may be considered 1.5 ton and may have Kubota engine. the h12 and qh12 are very similar. the L12 is better IMO. I didnt see the h15 on the website but I will look again.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,042  
A buyer wanting more than one unit will be able to buy all that he wins at the same price. So, if his winning high bid is say, $4000, and he is willing to take say, 10 of them, he will get that price for each, and have priority over any other bidder at $4000 who wants fewer units. Live auctioneers have explained it that way when last I attended a live auction.

Secret reserve bids are also used at some auctions. I hate that.

What was your winning bid for your new Tria, and when/where?
The auction I referred to does not do that. Its 1 item at a time even if there are 100 same things. The auction is live online and if someone placed a high bid early, that is tossed right in once another bidder gets to that amount. They actually start the bidding 2 weeks before the live auction starts. You can see the bidder number when they bid each time. I get it on the wanting them all deal, but that's not what happened. Winning bid on the Tria was 3800 in Sacramento Cali. I got the articulating bucket at a different auction a couple weeks ago for 280. 3600-4200 on the mini's is the norm there. Sometimes lower but rare. 600-900 is normal on the accessory lots that include 2 buckets, ripper, rake, mech thumb and auger set.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,043  
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,044  
Welcome to the forum Schmecky! What size machine are you considering?
I just got the Tria 1 ton. It's the same as the agt, mms, agro...etc. Just need to fix the road going into my new property and do some culverts. Lots of runoff...lots. Is there a dedicated forum for these little buggers?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,045  
Old rusty - I can see the difference now and there are 4 or 5 L12's in this auction.
- :12 have hyd lines in boom and appear to be "cleaner" in execution
- The QH and H12 seem to be a different mfg?

Then I looked at AGT web site and there seems to be a new model out DMC-12C with new controls 2024 Upgraded 1 Ton Mini Excavator DM-12C W/ SIDE SWING BOOM | AGT Industrial
All the ones you mentioned are AGT, I think they are just different stages of improvement. the DY14 looks somewhat better than the L12 and is 5000 dollars off now, 6999. It seems they are constantly upgrading and improving.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,046  
Is there a dedicated forum for these little buggers?
Yah, FB, there are several.
thousands of posts discussing agt differences and fans and auction prices etc etc etc

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,047  
Old rusty - I can see the difference now and there are 4 or 5 L12's in this auction.

Then I looked at AGT web site and there seems to be a new model out DMC-12C with new controls 2024 Upgraded 1 Ton Mini Excavator DM-12C W/ SIDE SWING BOOM | AGT Industrial
This has not been confirmed, and I may be wrong, but I would want to know this if I was looking for a cheap baby-X again. I have noticed there seems to be a big difference in build quality with the AGT machines. Some people have had multiple issues, [ loose bolts. defective hydraulic lines, house falling off frame etc], and my L12 has yet to show me a single loose bolt.. Not saying mine is perfect but its better than some.. My serial # starts : L1223xxxxxxxxxx... I have noticed the same model with a suspicious looking serial# starting 422xxxxxxx. IMO, there may be knockoffs of the baby diggers. That would explain a lot. the pic is of a serial# I know 20231125_164752.jpg to be legitimate. I would only buy from an authorized dealer that stocks parts.402861800_10159179759682691_2775186044493143803_n.jpg The 2nd serial# is off the Briggs engine. The plate is different also. Both are from a 2023 AGT L 12.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,048  
This has not been confirmed, and I may be wrong, but I would want to know this if I was looking for a cheap baby-X again. I have noticed there seems to be a big difference in build quality with the AGT machines. Some people have had multiple issues, [ loose bolts. defective hydraulic lines, house falling off frame etc], and my L12 has yet to show me a single loose bolt.. Not saying mine is perfect but its better than some.. My serial # starts : L1223xxxxxxxxxx... I have noticed the same model with a suspicious looking serial# starting 422xxxxxxx. IMO, there may be knockoffs of the baby diggers. That would explain a lot. the pic is of a serial# I knowView attachment 841321 to be legitimate. I would only buy from an authorized dealer that stocks parts.View attachment 841327 The 2nd serial# is off the Briggs engine. The plate is different also. Both are from a 2023 AGT L 12.
I had a few loose bolts, the throttle lever was nearly falling off, the choke cable was a mess at the motor, and it took some time to find the fuel shutoff on the B&S, and I ended up pulling the floorboard to put protection on all the hoses that would rub themselves raw against the sharp flat cut iron at just about every point. I also noticed right off that the plugs they put on the aux hose ends were backwards. They had the o ring side outside the cap and the beveled side on the inside. Strange both those hose ends didn't spray when I operated the aux stick. The hour meter was disconnected. The only grease I found used was on the turret. Not a spec on any other point. Half the grease fittings were finger tight, the other half backed out hard. The tracks were somewhat loose, the hyd oil looked like some psycodelic cool aid. But the manual I found said to change the hyd oil immediately. Most the manuals are generic. I got mine by emailing the co that makes the Vicsec (I have the Tria) and when the manual was emailed, it came from MMS! So, I assume nearly all these different makes are made by 1 or 2 companies and they all copy one another one way or another. Groundhog claims all these companies copied his machines. I would just like to know how to up the hyd flow, and how to adjust that flow to the track motors. No one seems to know, or they won't disclose. I plan on tearing one of the motors down to see. I have never seen any hyd operated anything that didn't have some adjustment for flow...especially motors. 1 seems to turn at a slower rate than the other. Sorry for the long post, its the way I am ;)

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
#1,049  
. I have never seen any hyd operated anything that didn't have some adjustment for flow...especially motors.

There is no adjustable flow. That is fixed by the gear pump. There IS an adjustable system relief valve, and I give that 95% chance it is set too low.

One wheel motor will run slower than the other when operated simultaneously, due to the system having one pump, and a single main open-center stack valve.

Yeah, change the hyd oil right away.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #1,050  

Thats a nice-looking machine, great price. the only things I don't like is the hydraulic lines exposed along the boom and the lack of accessibility to the engine area. Looks like access is under the seat or remove a panel. Probably small things to most people.