I'm in TC18 Heaven !!!

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #1  

Inspector507

I\'m in TC18 Heaven !!!

I'm so impressed with this little TC18 w/turf tires, I can't stand it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I used a Yanmar 1700 2WD w/no loader for the last 3 years and got the TC18 this past summer. I've had some issues with it, but nothing a little visit a few times from the service guy "Bud" couldn't fix.
Took it out Saturday to play in the 3" of snow, did ok.
Got home tonight to play in 6" of snow with rain/sleet, which means WET , on top of that. With the combination of a back blade and the FEL I had a ball........forgot the diff lock /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif THAT would have helped a few times, but nothing I didn't overcome.
I have a gravel drive and used the back blade backwards like most have suggested to leave an inch or so of snow without digging up gravel. Drug it all into piles and used the FEL to pile it up out of the way.
Went to the neighbors driveway, which I always do for her, and used the FEL for the most part.
Man, I can't say how happy I am to have upgraded to a TC18 from the Yanmar YM1700 2WD.
I know I bought the littlest <font color="blue"> blue bugger </font> of the line, but that's all I need. Serves me REAL well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I think it has a new name..... <font color="blue"> bugger/booger </font>

Jerry

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #2  
Re: I\'m in TC18 Heaven !!!

Ahhh, Nirvana!

Can't wait for the snow to hit here - get to really try out the snowblower. Also tomorrow is my night to ski-patrol at the local bump. Powder day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #3  

Good data on how turfs do in snow. This is esp interesting since the snow was wet and slick....the worst type for good traction. Wished we'd get some )a lot) snow soon. This constant bitter cold is getting old.

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #4  

Jerry glad you like your new ride. I also came off of a Chinese built rig and jumped into or should I say onto a New Holland. I really don't think a fella can go wrong with one myself as they are a quality product. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #5  

Hey glad you are enjoying your new friend.... BTW would that be
<font color="blue">BLUE HEAVEN?</font> /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #6  

Hey Jerry,
I just got back from TC18 heaven! The driveway is all finished. The major challenge was taking care of the large speed bump at the end of the driveway-- The county repeatedly came by with the snowplow, and then it rained on top of it! Kinda hard to scrape away!

Well, I was in TC18 heaven. Now I'm back inside, where it's nice and warm! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!!

Paul,
Thats what the heading probably SHOULD have been. Either way.....I love it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #8  

Hey, Congratulations !!!!!

And thanks again for all the info when I was learning on my "trainer" YM1500 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #9  

Thought u might like that.... AINT it grand? I'm dy-n for it to warm up here a just a but more. so the grass will start to come in. I just got a used finish mower at the end of last fall... SO I got lots of pasture to cut smoooooooth with it. My o'l beater rotory just won't cut all the cereasa (spelled?) (HAY ALTERNATative)...Grows head High and is tough to cut green ans is brittle and tought to cut when dead /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ I'm in TC18 Heaven !!! #10  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm dy-n for it to warm up here a just a but more. so the grass will start to come in. )</font>

Grass!? I was happy to hear it might get out of the teens this weekend up here in the great white north. At least I have something to do, my neighbor needs her driveway scraped down after numerous small snowfalls. Seat time is seat time, even when it's near zero outside /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif And the TC24 pops off no problem, even down to -20ish. Some day I too will have grass and get to try my new mower.

Brad