Buying Advice Illinois tractor dealers?

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #1  

Dragonpharm

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1538 with backhoe, Massey Ferguson 156 gas
I'm having a tough time finding a tractor in central Illinois. I've been contacting dealers and most don't respond initially. When I reach out again they tell me they don't have any inventory and no ETA on any. LS dealer said they are backordered waiting for tires of all things. Anyone know of a dealer that has anything in stock? Specifically looking for 35-40 HP, HST, loader, backhoe. I would like to get one sooner rather than later. Just found out we need to get the property ready to house horses right away. That means lots of fencing, land clearing and dirt moving. Hard to do without a tractor. Even rentals are a bit sparse.

/ Illinois tractor dealers?
Should have mentioned I'm in central Illinois near Peoria. I don't mind traveling to buy if I have to. Preference would be dealing local especially for warranty work. That just doesn't seem possible. Also would have to have tractor delivered so that may be an issue for out of state purchase.

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #3  
You might look at Martin Sullivan. They are a John Deere dealer,the closest to you being Macomb and Galesburg. The show a few 2 series and several 3 series in stock. They have a lot of used stuff but a lot of it is bigger ag stuff and I couldn’t figure out how to narrow it down to smaller tractors.

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #4  
Should have mentioned I'm in central Illinois near Peoria. I don't mind traveling to buy if I have to. Preference would be dealing local especially for warranty work. That just doesn't seem possible. Also would have to have tractor delivered so that may be an issue for out of state purchase.

What about a Rural King RK tractor? The RK24 or RK37 are super nice and value balanced.

This is a TYM+Yanmar made tractor.
Tractors | RK37 Series Tractor | RK Tractors

• Powerful Yanmar EPA Tier 4 certified 3-cylinder, liquid cooled 37HP diesel engine
  • Available in either 12F/12R shuttle-shift or 3-range hydrostatic transmission with auto-throttle
  • Open station, or fully-enclosed cab with heat/AC, front and rear work lights, rear wiper, audio system standard
  • Work lights and rear remotes standard on all models
  • 4WD with differential lock, category I 3-pt. hitch with telescoping hitch arms
  • Foldable rollover protection structure (ROPS) on open station models
  • Easy to access service points help make routine maintenance a breeze
  • Hydrostatic power steering and easy-to-use operator controls
  • Full range of performance-matched attachments and implements, including quick-attach, skid steer compatible frontend-loaders and the most powerful backhoes in its class
  • Available with R1 Ag, R3 Turf and R4 Industrial tires
  • Industry-leading 8-year powertrain warranty
  • Available BH7.5 backhoe with 16” bucket and thumb standard
1629431137362.png

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #5  
does it have to be new ? I have a couple used
1 is a j d 3046R
and other is a kubota L3350
both are 2014s
they are on craigslist /rockford il. or call me 847 514 9162

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #6  
I did not look at there website but Ac McCartney has branches in Wataga and Cathage. They are a Kubota and AGCO dealer. When I was talking with there Durand location they had a pretty good selection of equipment and would willingly ship between their dealerships.

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #7  
What about a Rural King RK tractor? The RK24 or RK37 are super nice and value balanced.

• Powerful Yanmar EPA Tier 4 certified 3-cylinder, liquid cooled 37HP diesel engine
  • Available in either 12F/12R shuttle-shift or 3-range hydrostatic transmission with auto-throttle
  • Open station, or fully-enclosed cab with heat/AC, front and rear work lights, rear wiper, audio system standard
  • 4WD with differential lock, category I 3-pt. hitch with telescoping hitch arms
  • Full range of performance-matched attachments and implements, including quick-attach, skid steer compatible frontend-loaders and the most powerful backhoes in its class
View attachment 710361

View attachment 710361
"8 - year powertrain warranty"
Will RK still be selling tractors in 8 years?

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #8  
There is an LS dealer in Jackson, MO that when I drove by last week he had a few tractors on his lot that looked to be in that horsepower range.

Coleman Lawn Equipment in Carbondale and Percy, IL sells Mahindra and I think it is a 2638 that he has sitting on his lot in Carbondale. He carries more tractor inventory at his Percy location usually.

There is an LS dealer in Vienna, IL that I have never bought anything from and I haven't drove by the place in a while but when I have talked to them they were nice and helpful on the phone.

Davis Farm Supplies in Perryville, MO carries New Holland and Kubota and last time I drove by there they had a decent inventory. The old man (Jerry Davis) that owns the place is one heck of a nice guy.

/ Illinois tractor dealers? #9  
There is an LS dealer in Jackson, MO that when I drove by last week he had a few tractors on his lot that looked to be in that horsepower range.

Coleman Lawn Equipment in Carbondale and Percy, IL sells Mahindra and I think it is a 2638 that he has sitting on his lot in Carbondale. He carries more tractor inventory at his Percy location usually.

There is an LS dealer in Vienna, IL that I have never bought anything from and I haven't drove by the place in a while but when I have talked to them they were nice and helpful on the phone.

Davis Farm Supplies in Perryville, MO carries New Holland and Kubota and last time I drove by there they had a decent inventory. The old man (Jerry Davis) that owns the place is one heck of a nice guy.
Greg Abbott equipment sales is the place in Jackson, MO.

C and K sell it is the name of the place in Vienna, IL.

There is also a Branson dealer in Vienna, I have never talked to them or know anything about them other than they are there.

/ Illinois tractor dealers?
does it have to be new ? I have a couple used
1 is a j d 3046R
and other is a kubota L3350
both are 2014s
they are on craigslist /rockford il. or call me 847 514 9162
Doesn't necessarily have to be new. Two main reasons for new are warranty and cheap financing. When you can do zero percent it can be beneficial to do so instead of paying cash. I'll take a look at the listing. Appreciate the suggestion.