IH Cub Cadet 124/12 HP Koehler...Rear Roto tiller Belt Question

/ IH Cub Cadet 124/12 HP Koehler...Rear Roto tiller Belt Question #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I bought the tractor last year, actually went for the rear Cadet tiller, hoping it would work on a friend's Cub 129, but the seller had the 124 ( for which the tiller intended) dismantled and had given up on repairing the engine so I picked up both. Over the winter I reworked the engine because the cam shaft was worn and replaced it. Finally I got it started and running yesterday and today I went to attach the tiller. To my dismay, I could not find the main drive belt that goes from the front of the engine to the rear gear box. I would have sworn that I got it when I picked up the tiller and tractor. I'm thinking that the belt I remember was the one that drives the tiller from the gear box on the rear. In any case I have so much junk and partially completed projects laying around the pole barn that I might be confused, more so than I usually am. Can any one help me with what is the length of the drive belt from the engine to the gear box. I used a taunt electrical wire thru the pulleys etc. to the gear box and came up with a minimum of 140 inches @ 1/2. The local Cub dealer could not find the length for me and I could not get a cross reference (Bates etc.). Does anyone out there have an old manual which describes the belt? I will attach pictures of the gear box and the Cadet tiller for reference.

We have had so much rain up here in NE Ohio and SE Michigan that the weeds are trying to take over. I have some rows that the 36" tiller would really help me out on my 500 by 100 feet garden. I can't walk behind rototill rows like I used to.

Thanks for your help.

docRocky

Attachments

• IMG_0202.JPG
    IMG_0202.JPG
    499 KB · Views: 1,133
  • IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 1,302
  • IMG_0204.JPG
    IMG_0204.JPG
    371.2 KB · Views: 770