IH 3434 the yellow one

/ IH 3434 the yellow one #1  

DLTTrekkers

Veteran Member
The forward reverse shifterfork broke and that sliding gear is worn .
Where can I find those parts in South Africa ?

/ IH 3434 the yellow one
That parts I am looking for is in that case mounted to the diff casing. IMG-20180928-WA0015.jpeg

/ IH 3434 the yellow one #3  
I had an IH2444 back in the early 90's and Dresser had taken over IH Construction. Might look into that angle.

/ IH 3434 the yellow one #4  
The forward reverse shifterfork broke and that sliding gear is worn .
Where can I find those parts in South Africa ?

I do not know where to find those parts there.

If I were here (and I am), I'd call Bates Corp. in Bourban, Indiana, USA and ask them for assistance. They are an IH salvage yard that I have dealt with in the past. Good folks.

Bates Home Page

/ IH 3434 the yellow one #7  
Im not sure a 3434 was ever sold in North America. Not to say that the parts you need weren’t used in a 3414 or 3514.

/ IH 3434 the yellow one #9  
I read posts that suggest it's a modified IH434 made in the UK.. I'd suggest asking here, they have quite a few parts for that model, you'd have to ask them for help sourcing the parts you need. Case IH 3434 (Industrial) parts | UK branded tractor spares the same shifter fork and sliding gear were probably used in several models, and possibly by other manufacturers, since it saves huge costs not having to redesign parts for each model, and stock them.. btw, the shifter fork can be repaired by a good welder, checked by a machine shop, and then properly heat treated, the sliding gear can be made by a machine shop with a gear mill, then properly heat treated, it's cheaper to find these parts already made though..

Last edited: