If you thought tractors were expensive...

/ If you thought tractors were expensive... #1  

Fixastuff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey
Try shopping for a vibratory plow/chain trencher/boring unit. Dang!

/ If you thought tractors were expensive... #2  
I wouldn't know what to do with it even
if I had one:oops:

willy

/ If you thought tractors were expensive... #4  
Or a new large square baler….
fogettaboutit

/ If you thought tractors were expensive... #5  
I have a Ditch Witch RT40 with the vibratory plow, trencher, backhoe and 6 way blade. It's a 2004 model with about 950 hours on it.

How much could I get for it?

/ If you thought tractors were expensive...
I have a Ditch Witch RT40 with the vibratory plow, trencher, backhoe and 6 way blade. It's a 2004 model with about 950 hours on it.

How much could I get for it?
I haven't been shopping for ride on machines. A new 2500lb walk behind is 30k, a 4000lb walk beside combo machine is 60ish thousand. Early 2000s combo machines are 30ish thousand. A Toro, Vermeer, Ditchwitch mini track loader with plow and boring attachment is 50-60k depending on the track loader size. Just the vibratory plow attachment is 8-10 thousand but no body has one for 5months minimum.

All the rentals place machines are in long term rentals with no signs of being returned anytime soon.

If your RT40 has the under driveway boring attachment send me some pictures and I'll make an offer!

I wouldn't know what to do with it even
if I had one:oops:

willy
I got a contract for installing communication cable, but the machines can also put in water/gas lines, sprinkler lines.

Or a tracked skid steer with an enclosed cab.
I've been looking at those to. After running the open rops excavator all summer I decided my next big machine will be enclosed with AC for temperature and dust reasons.
Or a new large square baler….
fogettaboutit
What's one of those run? When shopping Vermeer I saw they sold balers, didn't realize that before.

/ If you thought tractors were expensive... #9  
I haven't been shopping for ride on machines. A new 2500lb walk behind is 30k, a 4000lb walk beside combo machine is 60ish thousand. Early 2000s combo machines are 30ish thousand. A Toro, Vermeer, Ditchwitch mini track loader with plow and boring attachment is 50-60k depending on the track loader size. Just the vibratory plow attachment is 8-10 thousand but no body has one for 5months minimum.

All the rentals place machines are in long term rentals with no signs of being returned anytime soon.

If your RT40 has the under driveway boring attachment send me some pictures and I'll make an offer!
I don't have the boring attachment. I have no intention to sell my machine. I use it to install irrigation on athletic fields. I think I paid $14,000 for it about 5 years ago. I did rent it to another irrigation contractor for about 3 months a couple of years ago.

I don't have the boring attachment. I have no intention to sell my machine. I use it to install irrigation on athletic fields. I think I paid $14,000 for it about 5 years ago. I did rent it to another irrigation contractor for about 3 months a couple of years ago.
Cool, I'll have to look into that if the utilities thing ever dries up.