If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher..

/ If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher.. #1  

jkk04

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 410 backhoe, MF 30 industrial tractor, IH TD-14 dozer, New Holland TZ24DA
This is a goldenrod 415 fence stretcher splicer.
It has 3 grabbers which is very convenience.

Last edited:
   / If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher.. #2  
I've got the 2 grabber version, two of them, wore one out I used it so much.
I can't figure out why the third grabber helps any more than two. I use barbwire and wooden posts.

/ If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher..
I've got the 2 grabber version, two of them, wore one out I used it so much.
I can't figure out why the third grabber helps any more than two. I use barbwire and wooden posts.
Answer is not much different but more convenient than 2 grabbers in my experience.😂😂

/ If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher.. #4  
I have a mile and a half of barbed wire around my property. Four strands of Red Shank - Ever Sharp and 670 T-145 steel posts. I used my Hi Lift jack - chained to my tractor - at first. Then my neighbor loaned me his stretcher.

Made the job much easier.

HOWEVER - I feel so blessed every day I think about all this fence. I did it all - 42 years ago when we first moved down from Alaska.

Must have done a pretty good job. It still stands - tough, straight and true.

/ If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher.. #5  
@jkk04 +1 here! I love mine. I find that the three jaw version is especially convenient for taking up long runs of slack, and I use all three jaws for mid-run splicing.

Mostly, I like that the wire is rigidly locked in when it is under tension. In use, I keep the sold side of the jaws toward me, just in case. I grew up with rope and pulley tensioners that in my hands were more prone to releasing when I wasn't ready for them. I still use the rope and pulley versions for complex repairs, but 95% of the time I use the Goldenrod stretcher for my wire work. (4 & 5 strand barb wire)

All the best,

Peter

/ If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher.. #6  
That type stretcher works well but since I already have a come along in all my tool boxes this costs less and saves space in tool boxes.
1708272753196.png

/ If you have a barbed wire fence, then you must have this stretcher..
@jkk04 +1 here! I love mine. I find that the three jaw version is especially convenient for taking up long runs of slack, and I use all three jaws for mid-run splicing.

Mostly, I like that the wire is rigidly locked in when it is under tension. In use, I keep the sold side of the jaws toward me, just in case. I grew up with rope and pulley tensioners that in my hands were more prone to releasing when I wasn't ready for them. I still use the rope and pulley versions for complex repairs, but 95% of the time I use the Goldenrod stretcher for my wire work. (4 & 5 strand barb wire)

All the best,

Peter
Also, it is made in the USA. Last forever😊😊