If relief valve is bad,what will it do?

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do? #1  

racer86y

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L2800
If relief valve is bad on my New Holland 7308 loader what would it do to loader?How would you know if relief valve is bad?:confused2:

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do? #2  
See your other thread.......

We’ve been trying to help but your last post said you didn’t want to buy a pressure gauge and were taking it to the dealer.

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do? #3  
Invest $15 in a pressure gauge as it is the only way to know if the relief valve is OK.

https://www.amazon.com/PIC-PRO-201L...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

You can use your own quick coupler male fitting from any hose for the loader. You will need an adapter from the gauge's 1/4" thread to your coupler size.

Remove a line from the loader, plug in the gauge, run at full speed and send pressure to your new gauge for a few seconds only.

Compare reading to spec's.

Dave M7040

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do? #4  
If relief valve is bad on my New Holland 7308 loader what would it do to loader?How would you know if relief valve is bad?:confused2:

The system relief valve limits the maximum pressure in the pressure line by relieving oil from pressure to tank. If the relief will not allow the system to build pressure The loader would not lift a load. It Would have no effect on loader or bucket drifting

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do? #5  
The system relief valve limits the maximum pressure in the pressure line by relieving oil from pressure to tank. If the relief will not allow the system to build pressure The loader would not lift a load. It Would have no effect on loader or bucket drifting

That’s the “opens too soon” scenario.
Conversely, if it “opens too late”, or not at all, something either blows up or stalls.

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do?

I have had a guage but could not find qd to connect it.It also acts weird.When i move joystick to the right it curls the bucket.If i move it all the way to the right it uncurls the bucket.Boom also comes down fast and rough but boom does stay up unless i move stick forward or backwards

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do? #7  
I have had a guage but could not find qd to connect it.It also acts weird.When i move joystick to the right it curls the bucket.If i move it all the way to the right it uncurls the bucket.Boom also comes down fast and rough but boom does stay up unless i move stick forward or backwards

A failed relief would not cause any of those problems

/ If relief valve is bad,what will it do?
A failed relief would not cause any of those problems

Thanks for the help on that.Relief valve is out of the question.:thumbsup: