Identify this creature

/ Identify this creature #1  

milkman

Elite Member
Ky. Between Dead Horse Holler and Yellowbank
Tractor
BX2200, BCS 735
I saw this on the side of my garage, and don't have the slightest idea what it is.

Attachments

• 715184-DSCF0353 (Small).JPG
    715184-DSCF0353 (Small).JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 742
   / Identify this creature #4  
Here in Indiana we call those bugs WALKING STICKS but to be honest I never knew if that was there name. I just went to google and typed in WALKING STICK and this link popped up.

Walking Stick bugs

/ Identify this creature #5  
We see a number of them, and I have a magnified picture of the mouth of this critter (attached). Not pretty /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Attachments

• 715201-dfmouth.jpg
    715201-dfmouth.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 440
   / Identify this creature
From your pics, looks like he maybe lost more than a leg, or he is just a different variety.

beenthere,
I bet he has bad breath too. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif that's ugly!!

/ Identify this creature #8  
He would normally have 6 legs. He now has 5. Two of them are pointing forward and look like antennae. One of the websites I looked at said there are something like 3000 species of walking insects in the world.

We find them often on screen doors in the evening. The later in the year, the bigger they get, the easier they are to find. Kind of funny how they walk. Kind of rock forward a few times then take a step, then repeat.

/ Identify this creature #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( It's a limping stick... formerly a walking stick. )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif