ideas for 'winterizing' animal pens

/ ideas for 'winterizing' animal pens
Re: ideas for \'winterizing\' animal pens

Actually a little south of ocala, but still marion county. Summerfield. Yep, we use the horse blankets with chest and leg ties, for our quarter horses, and the dogs usually get the garage if it is really cold.. or just some straw in their houses if it is just a bit cold.

As for the pig, I think I may add a few boards to the open side of her sun shade to break the wind in 2 directions.. then give her a big fluff of hay to wallow in.

May do the same for the turkeys.

The mini horse already has a wind break in the stall.. and is shorter than the stall walls anyway!

Soundguy

/ ideas for 'winterizing' animal pens #12  

Soundguy,

Solar heating panels connected to the concrete pad with radiant floor heat should do them all nicely /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Maybe get a few inexpensive blue (they come in orange too /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif) tarps 8x10' and some 1" PVC pipe 10' cut the tarps in half and attach the cut side to the pipe with duct tape and screws or what other methods you can think of then attach the top of the tarp to the fence. This way you can roll up in the summer and down in the winter. Adding two holes in each end of the pipe will allow you to nail this in the up or down position

/ ideas for 'winterizing' animal pens

Neat idea for the roll up shade. I may steal that.

thanks

Soundguy