Icon in Hour meter window.

/ Icon in Hour meter window. #1  

Ohio RK24

Bronze Member
Tractor
2019 RK24
Hi guy's I am new to the forum and new to tractor ownership as well and being so I have what is probably a silly question, I have a new RK24 with backhoe and loader and it has performed all tasks that I ask of it very well to the point that in the three weeks of ownership I now have 52 hours registered on it and am doing the 50 Hour service. While doing the service I noticed that the hour meter display has a little icon in the left corner that looks like a piston cycling in a cylinder, does anyone know if this is normal or does it indicate something. I ask because I cannot find it in the manual anywhere. Any help would be appreciated (it may well have always been displayed and missed by me).

/ Icon in Hour meter window. #2  
I believe what you are talking about is a little symbol that appears to look like what I think was called a hour glass. It resembled two really small glass funnels connected at the smaller ends. One end was filled with sand and when you turned it upside down it took a hour for the sane to pour down into the bottom glass. I have one on the panel where my hour meter is on my RK37 and it looks that the sand is pouring from the top into the bottom. If that's what you are referring to then it's just a symbol showing that the meter is working........Don

/ Icon in Hour meter window.
Don, Thank you very much for your help, you are correct that is what i am seeing and I am relieved to know that it is a normal function. thank's again.
Gordon.

/ Icon in Hour meter window. #4  
Haha. I know exactly which icon you're talking about. I spent the first 50hrs thinking it was some sort of level indicator and I couldn't figure out why it was constantly moving. Then one day it just clicked and I was like DUH, it's an hourglass! :laughing: