Ice

/ Ice #2  
I have been saying this - that it is all media hype - for the last 2 years at least. We have had some loud arguements with my son and grandchildren about this.

Need to get ready for more snow and ice.

Vernon

/ Ice #4  
Interesting and disturbing if accurate/true, is the source reputable?

I've always had more of a Rush Limbaugh type mentality about man's impact on the environment, where man can do little, good or bad to affect the global situation. But lately I've been leaning the other way, maybe the propaganda finally got to me, was just watching that special about 6 degree temp increase and how it would be the end of mankind with all the glacier ice melting and how we may have passed the tipping point already.

Was almost gonna propose a radical idea where we detonate nuclear weapons in an isolated dessert somewhere to plug that ozone hole with dust and cool things down. kind of a controlled nuclear winter.
I know how ridiculous this sounds but when I'm scared into thinking we're past the tipping point with accelerated global warming, I don't want to wait/hope for a volcano to do it.

Good thing I'm not king of the world. Oops, you mean we weren't really warming, but cooling, DOOH!!!

JB.

/ Ice #5  
I heard a week or 2 ago that the satellite imaging over the North pole shows that the polar ice caps have increased back to where they were in the late 70's. It's all cyclacle (sp).