Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream #31  
OMG! I haven't had homemade peach ice cream since the last my Mom made back in the 50's.

I love peach ice cream, in my case it was my grandmother's homemade :licking: . . .but it was the same timeframe . . . mother's was good and she used the same recipe as grandma a "little bit" of this and a pinch of that kind of thing :laughing: but for some reason it was not as good as her mother's.

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream #32  
Everyone Screamed here when the (Chapmans) newly expanded ice cream plant here burned to the ground. Welders didn't know spray foam insulation burned!

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream
I love peach ice cream, in my case it was my grandmother's homemade :licking: . . .but it was the same timeframe . . . mother's was good and she used the same recipe as grandma a "little bit" of this and a pinch of that kind of thing :laughing: but for some reason it was not as good as her mother's.

Mom's was good too; don't have her recipe, but I recall she "cooked" the basic recipe on the stove, before adding the fruit. We of course froze it in one of the old hand cranked freezers. She was pretty creative, sometimes adding Tapioca to the ice cream. I recall one time she ran out of vanilla flavoring, and substituted maple. Disaster.

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream #34  
Mom's was good too; don't have her recipe, but I recall she "cooked" the basic recipe on the stove, before adding the fruit. We of course froze it in one of the old hand cranked freezers. She was pretty creative, sometimes adding Tapioca to the ice cream. I recall one time she ran out of vanilla flavoring, and substituted maple. Disaster.

Yep have had the added Tapioca too . . . never had the substituted maple though, I believe I have seen maple flavored ice cream at the store :confused3:

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream #35  
Hmmm, maple syrup ice cream sounds good, but i've tasted some pretty bad 'maple' flavoring. But, fresh, ripe peaches in home made vanilla ice cream is divine.

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream #37  
I believe I have seen maple flavored ice cream at the store

My mother used to get maple walnut ice cream at the store when we were kids. Don't know if they still make it. I think I'll pass on peach ice cream tho...doesn't sound all that appealing to me.

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream #38  
My mother used to get maple walnut ice cream at the store when we were kids. Don't know if they still make it. I think I'll pass on peach ice cream tho...doesn't sound all that appealing to me.

Oh that sounds GOOD! Peach ice cream mentioned does as well!

/ Ice Cream; we all scream for Ice Cream #39  
Every now and then I have some Ben & Jerrys Cherry Garcia, that's my favorite flavor. Second would be Butter Crunch or just plain old vanilla