IBC Totes

/ IBC Totes #61  
20 each is a good deal, if clean.

you have to cut a full window out of the front so that you can easily bend down and reach the bottom. The cage will still be rigid enough. Easy job.

I got 8 today for free, but… they are kind of a biohazard. Pungent aroma upon arrival; “yeah, they had manure in them”. Had to leave two behind because they still had a hundred gallons of brown sludge in them lol.

882AF8D6-857E-48AF-BDBC-8023D6FEEC61.jpeg

/ IBC Totes #62  
20 each is a good deal, if clean.

you have to cut a full window out of the front so that you can easily bend down and reach the bottom. The cage will still be rigid enough. Easy job.

I got 8 today for free, but… they are kind of a biohazard. Pungent aroma upon arrival; “yeah, they had manure in them”. Had to leave two behind because they still had a hundred gallons of brown sludge in them lol.

View attachment 721415
Thank you for replying. The ones I got were filled with water based glue.

/ IBC Totes #63  
… filled? As in still full? What did you do with 200+ gallons of glue?

/ IBC Totes #65  
I just reach through the openings in the side to pull firewood when it gets too low to reach over the side. I use a broom hanlde with a hook on it (busted rake, basically) to pull splits towards where I can reach them. For how much wood we use, it works fine. I'll typically fill up 2-3 5 gal buckets to haul up to the fireplace at a time.

/ IBC Totes #66  
I just picked up a couple for $20.00 each. Now I'm wondering, once I fill them with wood it looks like it is going to be quite difficult to take it out without standing on my head.
Here you go. increases capacity, provides cover from rain and snow, not to hard to fill or empty and no plastic "box" to dispose of...just the base and side "door".

IBC 2.jpg

/ IBC Totes #67  
I think I will do that style with some of my new ones, Don. The plastic is pretty ugly but I'll stash them in the woods anyway.

/ IBC Totes #68  
I’ve been stacking firewood in IBC totes for several years. I store them under a lean to off my detached garage about 100 ft from the house. Every day I go out and fill 3 Rubbermaid bins and bring some firewood into the house. Yesterday a light bulb went off and here is the result. No more daily trips out to the garage! Didn’t think the sliding glass door on the front porch was big enough, but the IBC tote cleared with an inch on either side. Porch floor is a 12” concrete slab so no worry about weight either. I just have to take my time putting it in as the sliding glass door will probably break pretty easy if I bump it.

IMG_2747.JPG

/ IBC Totes #69  
Oh man, risky biz, boylerman. I have honestly thought about re-constructing my outer screen porch wall into a disguised, giant double barn door, so that I could do the same thing. Right now I bring my totes up next to my screen porch door, but then have to manually unload into the firewood rack inside the porch. Bonus idea: make a low-profile pallet on rolling caster wheels to set the tote down onto, so you can shift it around if needed.

/ IBC Totes #70  
I park a tote behind the garage and fill plastic bins from it to bring inside. When I'm filling the bins I knock the dirt, loose bark and bugs off the splits. There's been a lot of bugs lately as we have a lot of box elder bugs this year and they like the covered tote.