I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301

After reading the article I started thinking about tools which I nonchalantly toss into my truck. My cordless drill is a staple item, but lately I've added an impact wrench and booster pack. That's not counting how many batteries are around the house, but which will be moved to the shed "just in case." (I'm just getting into the habit of taking them off the charger when they are done.)

Call me paranoid but until I hear more about how this fire started... I'm going to be paranoid. My biggest fear has always been of something happening to my truck or house while my dog is there with no way of getting out.

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #2  

After reading the article I started thinking about tools which I nonchalantly toss into my truck. My cordless drill is a staple item, but lately I've added an impact wrench and booster pack. That's not counting how many batteries are around the house, but which will be moved to the shed "just in case." (I'm just getting into the habit of taking them off the charger when they are done.)

Call me paranoid but until I hear more about how this fire started... I'm going to be paranoid. My biggest fear has always been of something happening to my truck or house while my dog is there with no way of getting out.
I be concerned like you.
Don't say what brands but there be a lot of energy stored in those batteries.
I was talking with my stihl dealer a while back and he even said is AP batteries are better built than his home owner battery system because they assumed when making them the professional line would get more use / bumped around more etc... so they are built sturdier keeping the components separated better, etc....
Makes me a little concerned about clones / cheaper etc... being dangerous.

Look how fast and how violent a battery explosion can be.... ouch.

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #3  

I don't use my fireplace in winter because I'm out a lot, and I have a good dog.

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #5  
I 'fix' electronics, and always throw used 'tech' batteries out in the yard until I go the dump - scared of 'em' when near fail.

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #6  
I have quite a few cordless LI tools. Except for my LI flash light - they are ALL out in my tool shed.

But then it only takes ONE.

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #7  
I 'fix' electronics, and always throw used 'tech' batteries out in the yard until I go the dump - scared of 'em' when near fail.
I 'fix' my dogs and 'repair' electronics....

That's what our electronics teacher said in tech college. :ROFLMAO:

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #8  
I use a mechanical timer, not an electronic model, with my cordless tool battery chargers. Never set it longer than the estimated charge time. If the batteries get too beat up, they get recycled, even if they still hold a charge.

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #9  
I 'fix' my dogs and 'repair' electronics....

That's what our electronics teacher said in tech college. :ROFLMAO:
After, oh 52 years of it, it just seems like user/operator stuff now.

/ I would be lying if I said that this doesn't make me nervous #10  
Looks like it was pretty warm last Thursday at 2:30PM.

1684274056077.png

The location of the truck has the sun shining directly into the back of the truck at that time.
Black truck, probably black bed liner, it could get really hot back there.
Wouldn't mind knowing the brand - wonder if it was a well-known brand or some knock-off battery?