I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me!

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me! #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Just got back from NAPA paying way too much for a hydraulic hose.

3/4" R16 hose 55" long........................$11.99/ft.............$55
Two 3/4 hose x 7/8 female JIC fittings....$26ea.................$52
Crimp fee..............................................$7ea................$14

All total, $127 and change.

DHH has fittings for ~$10 and hose for ~$3/ft.

So $35 in material + their crimp fee, sure would be nice if someone around here local was that reasonable

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me! #2  
I found my dealer charges half what CARQUEST charges for their hoses. CARQUEST charged me $110.00 for two hoses that I could get at the dealer for $52.
Had the dealer been open I would not have wasted money at CARQUEST.

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me!
Its a pretty big hose for for just any dealer to likely carry parts and fittings for. Its for an old backhoe. The fittings are odd, being 3/4 hose and 7/8 (-14) JIC threads. Out of 3 napas near me, only one carried the fittings. And the big hydraulic shop that services most of the factories in town, only had 1 fitting in stock.

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me! #4  
Its a pretty big hose for for just any dealer to likely carry parts and fittings for. Its for an old backhoe. The fittings are odd, being 3/4 hose and 7/8 (-14) JIC threads. Out of 3 napas near me, only one carried the fittings. And the big hydraulic shop that services most of the factories in town, only had 1 fitting in stock.

Yep they are odd, I carry the #14 male and female JIC, plus .875 tubing.......I make many for old Ford BH's

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me! #5  
I've only had 1 hose made up at Napa & it was more than twice the price I've ever paid at any of the dealers 30" 1/2"dia. 2 fittings $110 . Same hose at the Case dealer $42.

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me! #6  
I think these guys use to have an add on here

Discount Hydraulic Hose

Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
PO Box 9580
Philadelphia, PA 19124
United States

tom

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me! #7  
LD, you might wanna look at DHH's "field replaceable" fittings and hose - I started keeping enough fittings/hose to do my own, makes it easier to get EXACTLY the length you need. I make up one end, route where I want it to go, maybe find out there's a better way, when I settle on what I'm gonna do THEN I cut the hose and do the other end.

I cut it with a thin cutoff disk, then blow it out both directions with 175 psi air before assembly.

You need to match hose type with fitting type, other than that a wrench and an impact gun and couple squirts of oil on the forcing cone threads and you're there. So far no leaks or failures of any kind -

Field-Attachable (Reusable) Hose Fittings > Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
SAE 100R2AT 2-Wire Hydraulic Hose

Those are what I've been using, from 3/8" to 3/4"... Steve

I think these guys use to have an add on here

Discount Hydraulic Hose

Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
PO Box 9580
Philadelphia, PA 19124
United States

tom

Yea, they are a sponsor here and have ordered from them many times in the past. Thats how I know they have a good product and affordable too. They are the go-to when doing projects like a logsplitter, attaching a loader to dads tractor, and preemptively changing some hoses that dont look too good.

But when you blow one in the field and need one now......

LD, you might wanna look at DHH's "field replaceable" fittings and hose - I started keeping enough fittings/hose to do my own, makes it easier to get EXACTLY the length you need. I make up one end, route where I want it to go, maybe find out there's a better way, when I settle on what I'm gonna do THEN I cut the hose and do the other end.

I cut it with a thin cutoff disk, then blow it out both directions with 175 psi air before assembly.

You need to match hose type with fitting type, other than that a wrench and an impact gun and couple squirts of oil on the forcing cone threads and you're there. So far no leaks or failures of any kind -

Field-Attachable (Reusable) Hose Fittings > Discount Hydraulic Hose.com
SAE 100R2AT 2-Wire Hydraulic Hose

Those are what I've been using, from 3/8" to 3/4"... Steve

No savings vs buying local. The fittings I would have needed are $57ea. And it can only be used with R2 hose. And I prefer R16 hose, because it is slightly smaller diameter, and half bend radius.

R2 would be fine on something that dont move alot like the logsplitter, or hoses that go from pump to valves. But the moving parts of the backhoe, I dont like R2. The hose that blew, was one that routes through the swing post and up inside the boom a bit, so it sees lots of movement.

/ I wish there was a DiscountHydraulicHose store near me! #9  
Yea, the #14's are odd, def. old school. We stock the FJIC ends but not the males. The thing that struck me is the crimp charge? never seen that one before. We charge to crimp 3" and 4" hose if the customer does not buy the ends or hose off of us but never for the normal size 1/4"-2"hose. When you start using some of the more non common hose like the R16 you will see the difference in price. CJ
I just looked it up, that hose with R2 spec gates would be 37.75 here. megaflex+ is what I would have to stock for the pressure range I need and that prices me out of the 100+ ft hoses I usually sell.

It was R16 hose and FJIC fittings.

Napa only stocks the R16. As do most places around me. Hardly anyone carries the old R2 stuff, as it has twice the bend radius.

On the larger hoses, I have no preference, R16 or R17. But on the smaller hoses, I like the R16, for the two wire braid. The smaller R17 stuff is only single wire.

Like I said, I only wish there was someone around here that was reasonably priced for this stuff. I dont mind paying a little more to get it now, but a $127 hose that I could get at DHH or about any other online vendor for ~40-45 bucks + shipping......highway robbery