I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #281  
Sounds like you have it figured out. Good luck and God bless.
Yep. You are correct.

Getting right with God is the ultimate prep.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #283  
Nothing has to "get ugly" unless we let it. Both sides need to step back and cool the extreme rhetoric. Not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy.
You’re missing the forest through the tress.
We all know not everyone who disagrees with us is our enemy.
Our “enemy” is the people sowing the discord between us. They do this by abusing our laws, rights & protections afforded us by our Constitution.

Think harder. Think who it is that is making us dislike each other? Who spreads false propaganda about their “opposition”? Who breaks even our most basic rules of law? Our Constitutional rights?

People are getting p*ssed off that laws are openly being broken and rights are being abused.

THAT gets people real angry with each other.

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #285  
Yep. You are correct.

Getting right with God is the ultimate prep.

Anyone felt their prayers have changed? Historically, I primarily prayed for my family.

In the last 10 years, I have been praying for my country just as much as my family. I pray we can somehow run these Marxist tyrants off the planet and get back to freedom and rule of law.

Kind of circles back to EV’s, in a way. Having petty tyrants force us or shame us into EV’s is just wrong.
Freedom to choose is what makes this country great. The cloak of lies that EV’s are less polluting than a 25MPG ICE vehicle have been exposed.
With todays much cleaner ICE vehicles, people should have the freedom to drive what they want without penalty or fear of shame/retribution.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #286  
Anyone felt their prayers have changed? Historically, I primarily prayed for my family.

In the last 10 years, I have been praying for my country just as much as my family. I pray we can somehow run these Marxist tyrants off the planet and get back to freedom and rule of law.

Kind of circles back to EV’s, in a way. Having petty tyrants force us or shame us into EV’s is just wrong.
Freedom to choose is what makes this country great. The cloak of lies that EV’s are less polluting than a 25MPG ICE vehicle have been exposed.
With todays much cleaner ICE vehicles, people should have the freedom to drive what they want without penalty or fear of shame/retribution.
The "all in" EV thing is pure BS. The main driver has been climate change and only a fool would believe the story told about that.

China is pushing EV's because they have about 1/3 of the oil production of the US with over three times our population. Plus China has the mineral resources to sustain EVs without the "environmental crazies" that limit our ability to mine. China powers with coal and enforces little or no pollution controls on their plants. So, we have the world's largest polluter (China produces twice the CO2 of the US) moving to EVs because they have no other choice. And the morons on the left lap it all up for "the good of the children".

We are being driven to EVs by our greatest enemy and people are too ignorant to see it.

EVs have their place, and they will gain more market share, but they are not the best way to address the needs of everyone. The mandates and incentives are justifiably resented by people who have critical thinking skills. BTW, that is not meant to insult EV lovers but is a general statement of fact. I would buy an EV if it worked for me but not to 'save the planet'.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #287  
Yup. We have great oil reserves and a successful ICE vehicle industry, but our rulers are forcing us to Chinese solar panels (97%) , and vehicles reliant on Chinese sourced batteries.
But they’re looking out for us, because they’re going to ban Tic-Tok…hey, look of there!

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #288  
Most of us here are probably old enough to remember, being taught the fact that all life on earth, is carbon based, at an early age.
The fact that all animals exhaling CO2, going to plant life, depending on taking in CO2, breaking the carbon, oxygen bond to build plant tissue…. Is the cycle of life on earth.

We’re also old enough to remember when extreme groups convinced our rulers to start calling the molecules of life…CO2, …a pollution, which is a downright lie

What most don’t know, is that currently , CO2 comprises only 417ppm.. that’s 0.04% of our atmosphere! Sheeple are being brainwashed into believing a 10% increase is destroying the planet.
Raising CO2 10% means CO2 going from 0.04%, to 0.044%

We are carbon based. We exhale CO2…

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #289  
During the Jurassic period, CO2 levels were 500% more than they are today.

That's why the dinosaurs drove EVs.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #290  
Perhaps a felt pen would be preferable for drawing!
But your okay that your battery storage gets its lithuim etc mined in third world countries by children .....hmmm View attachment 857475

I had to draw on a person once and I prefer having a gun rather than a stick.
Being prepared is different than wanting something to happen.

I carry a gun not because I want to shoot people, but because I may need to. The same applies to guns I have staged around the house. I had to draw on a person once and I prefer having a gun rather than a stick.

I have food stocked not because I want the SHTF but because it might. BTW it came in handy during Covid. We only went to the store once every two or three weeks when it was really crazy.

I have a whole house generator and fuel for two months not because I want the power grid to go out for weeks at a time, but it might.

I am well armed and able to manufacture bullets and ammunition for a long time if "peaceful protests" become the new normal and less peaceful. If the government "temporarily" bans the sale of ammunition, powder or primers for the sake of "public safety", I and the people I will be depending on, will not be affected.

I live in the sticks where neighbors will band together if things get bad. We will not need to leave and "get away". No need to run 5 km or carry much.

BTW, when I said things will get ugly, I was not suggesting a civil war. That makes no sense. Who is the enemy? People are not going to walk around with "I support Bidet or Rump" patches on their shirts. Things get ugly when folks lose jobs, cars, and homes. Things get ugly when people are assaulted, their property stolen, and criminals are not incarcerated...oh wait, some places run by Democrats are already like that...LOL.

There will not be a civil war in the US. It is more likely judges and employees of government agencies perceived as corrupt and/or enforcing "unfair laws" will be targeted. Elected officials will also be targeted. Read the book "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.

Those people will be called "Domestic Terrorists". When thing get bad, people will blame those in power and positions of authority for their misery. 'Terrorists" targeting the cause of problems will not be feared by the population.

Status
Not open for further replies.