I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #241  
Before retiring a decade ago I was an electronic repair technician for 42 years and started a business in the 70's with my wife repairing consumer electronics. I saw the transition from black and white CRT vacuum tube to color TVs, then hybrid tube/solid state to 100% solid state, then front CRT projection to rear projection, DLP projection, Plasma, LCD, OLED.
With video first Betamax, VCR, Laserdisc, DVD.
One day I thought "today's new and improved is tomorrow's junk".
With every technology man develops there are problems but there's always this desire to be the first on the block...ego and braggadocio.
In the early 1970's when I first saw VCRs, top loaders with a knob tuner they were over $1,500 or $10,000 in today's money. In the early 1980s we had so many in for repair they were stacked to the ceiling in my shop and lot's of times I'd work through the night.
At the close of VCRs new ones were selling for $20.
Before retiring I saw "The Geek Squad" similar to Tesla's at your home service.
I believe the parallel with electric cars like consumer electronics is the faddish aspect.
What's so negative to me and is the forced mandate and while some embrace the tax credits while others either don't qualify (lower or higher income) but in the end it's funded by ALL taxpayers.
I don't see electric cars as the new future for most people except for metropolitan areas.
It's all or some. For all it would cost $Trillions upgrading power grid, chargers everywhere, improved batteries, fast charging, etc. Again taxpayer funding with higher electric bills. For some it would need to be an inexpensive secondary car for short distance jaunts. Disposable like the $20 VCR.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #242  
electric car fuel.jpg
True or false?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #244  
In my opinion, the technology just isn't practical. The batteries are huge, expensive, and don't store enough energy.The use case for EVs is really inner-city commuting. That's it. We'll never replace ICE engines until the industry admits some hard truths and gets serious.

The infrastructure just isn’t there yet to make these cars practical. The Infrastructure act :rolleyes: allocated 5 billion for charging stations across the US. To date there have been 8 built. Never trust .gov to be the driver of speed and innovation from the depths of central casting.

GIqjY9hWwAAI3rn
Too bad that money had not been allocated for Hydrogen build-out.

Even gubmint might be challenged, to be less successful with Hydrogen than the #'s reported in your citation. At a guess, there was probably more available for Hydrogen refilling, just in California, the better part of 20 years ago.....

Rgds, D.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #245  
Definately a bigger scale. Wonder if that boondoggle has caused some consumers to be resistent to EV's?

The Green energy movement will bankrupt this once great country. Once we hit 50 trillion, we are a dead carcass. We aint far.

Social media, used for evil & pernicious reasons, will destroy this country‘s soul.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #246  
That’s what they said about rock and roll. We’ll be ok.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #247  
The human brain is no match for AI. Social media is nefarious. There is a reason Google and Meta engineers dont allow their kids near what they created. The Social Dilemma is a great documentary. Anyone who thinks their brain is going to beat the persuasion of AI, has already lost the battle. They are just too ignorant to know it.

It's not "nature" that 30% of young woman identify as non binary or gay... It's a social contagion. And do you know when those numbers began to rocket? It wasn't before FB, Twitter and TikTok.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #248  
The human brain is no match for AI. Social media is nefarious. There is a reason Google and Meta engineers dont allow their kids near what they created. The Social Dilemma is a great documentary. Anyone who thinks their brain is going to beat the persuasion of AI, has already lost the battle. They are just too ignorant to know it.

It's not "nature" that 30% of young woman identify as non binary or gay... It's a social contagion. And do you know when those numbers began to rocket? It wasn't before FB, Twitter and TikTok.
If AI is so amazing couldn’t a future person just get an AI bot to identify other AI and not get “duped”.

I don’t know what future tech will bring but a smart person will find way to use it to their advantage.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #249  
That’s what they said about rock and roll. We’ll be ok.

lol

no

50 trillion in debt, selling military/nuke secrets to china and BLM/antifa riots make “rock & roll” look like child's play.

shields up!

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #250  

Women are getting pummeled right now by the “new world order”.
My daughters college field hockey team just got its’ first male practice player.
Thank the Lord she’s graduating.

Who votes for or supports this crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.