I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #211  
I’m guessing Ford goes first. They lost billions on EV’s in the last few quarters.
They are woke as crazy gets and are hemorrhaging cash.

My guess is the G____ment will flood their coffers with more money confiscated by American taxpayers, or they will print more causing inflation to worsen.
I hope you're wrong. I think Ford is in better shape than GM.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #212  
Electric rates have almost doubled here in 2 years... And they are petitioning to raise them again. This cheap energy, is oddly getting more costly as people move to it

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #213  
They can also control the flow of it and who gets it.
Or more than likely, at least in my opinion, the price to charge electric vehicles will skyrocket once we're all forced into one mode of power, aka a monopoly of sorts. That's what our power corp here in NS is like, one company so they can pretty much charge what they want.
I can also see HD's scenario, "oops, we don't have enough power today, lets cut the EV charging" With smart meter's becoming the norm, they'll be able to tell when you have the toaster plugged twice in one morning.

This cheap energy, is oddly getting more costly as people move to it
Yup, once the companies realize they're missing out a on a cash cow, it's to be expected. Our rates went up 7% I think it was a couple of months ago with the base rate almost doubling going from $10.83 to $19.17 a jump of almost 90%. We've got no choice as there's one company.

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #214  
They are cowards. Just say that there are too many people and you want the poor to die. Nothing lifts poor people out of poverty like cheap energy. Everything in your house, in your freezer and refrigerator, everything parked in your driveway, everything you have is a result of cheap energy. The more poor people the more control you can exert. USA middle class is very close to being finished off and they are ecstatic.
Winner, Winner.... best get your chicken dinner before it's outlawed.....

Initially, one or two aspects were irritating.... but THIS ^ long-game is the literal killer. ALL forms of energy are being driven up in price, very deliberately. It would be bad enough, if it was just greed.... but it's way more sinister.

And.... it's not just the cost, as bad as that is. California's grid reliability continues to decay, in no small part due to the large amount of their operating budget being diverted to Alt NRG projects, and away from traditional line-maintenance. Zero-Sum Game. I won't be surprised if that ^ nonsense is also a factor in the Maui fires....

Most of us like to make fun of Cali.... but, there is the Time factor...... unfortunately, much of what looked weird in Cali/Left Coast 20 or so years ago is now more "normal" elsewhere.....

So, you end up with a grid that is way less reliable, delivery much more expensive electricity. So, unless this is being run by total idiots (not the case, IMO), we are being forced into a future where way less people can afford to be mobile, AND the ones who can afford at least the loan for an EV will have their mobility constrained much of the time, due to the ongoing "Climate Crisis"..... Notwithstanding the Gulfstream-class, who will continue to flit about the World, lecturing us on how evil us peasants are.....

Right now, I can go to a fuel station, with legal-tender (cash) in my pocket, and buy any reasonable amount of gasoline or diesel that I want, put it in approved legal containers, and I'm good.

I do appreciate that ^ statement now, today.... but it will read as peak-freedom/mobility, once all the EV fleet is under grid/computer control.....

Rgds, D.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #215  
Yup, once the companies realize they're missing out a on a cash cow, it's to be expected. Our rates went up 7% I think it was a couple of months ago with the base rate almost doubling going from $10.83 to $19.17 a jump of almost 90%. We've got no choice as there's one company.
The companies are the forward-face, and they are bad enough.

Govt-side.... just look up what their Annual Take is, on fuel-taxes - any jurisdiction.... it's a staggering amount of money. THIS factor alone, will mean that electricity cost/taxes are going to continue to skyrocket, in the next decade.

Rgds, D.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #216  
My guess is the[y] will flood their coffers with more money confiscated by American taxpayers, or and they will print more causing inflation to worsen.
All while increasing interests rates and saying they are doing so to "bring inflation down".

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #218  
Rowan Atkinson, an advocate for electric vehicles, highlights their environmental limitations due to manufacturing and battery issues

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #220  
All while increasing interests rates and saying they are doing so to "bring inflation down".
While it is true that increasing interest rates will bring down inflation, they cannot push the brakes on that side while gunning the accelerator on the spending side.

Status
Not open for further replies.