I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #481  
Good luck. I've already got my $10K rebate (Fed and state)! šŸ˜‚

If you need a new car it would be foolish not take advantage of money given to you to buy a car.

Feel good about that?
I know my maker wouldnā€™t approve.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #482  
I give you just as bad, they knock at 2am several 100+ dogs go nuts and charge the door with bad intentions. Odds say the cops will shoot before the door is opened, because they are scared.
I would take me a few minutes to calm the pack enough to get to the door.
You have 100+ dogs in your house?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #483  
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #484  
Feel good about that?
I know my maker wouldnā€™t approve.
Now you are invoking the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? šŸ˜‚

Relax. How is taking advantage of tax breaks immoral or illegal?

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #486  
Now you are invoking the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob? šŸ˜‚

Relax. How is taking advantage of tax breaks immoral or illegal?

Never said it was. I just overall think taking money from taxpayers to fund a questionable type of propulsion system is not right as a way of promoting a ā€œsuperiorā€ vehicle to save the planet and get rid of ICE

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #487  
Yeah, ummmm but thereā€™s a key difference in that you have many ā€œpumpsā€ to choose from, but just one electric source coming into your house.
And that one source can be cut of with the flick of a computer key. And it can be cut off for an ever-increasing number of reasons.
The likelihood of every gas station in your town refusing to sell you gas is about a whopping .000000000000001%.

The point Iā€™m trying to make is that if you think you are getting your fuel source ā€œfrom your houseā€, you are deeply mistaken.

You are getting your fuel source from your electric supplier. And they can shut you off at any time for any reason they feel justified. Maybe they donā€™t like your views you post on social media? Donā€™t laugh, banks are already doing it. And theyā€™re in charge of your money.
If that happens then it won't matter because you won't be able to buy anything. If you are referring to the mark of the beast.

I try to live my life day to day and not worry about events that I can't control. Revelations predicts that bad things that will occur before the good wins in the end.

And don't forget the amount of superchargers available. I have a bank of 8 of them about 10 miles from my house. ;)

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #488  
What parts or goods in general are not made in China?

Why add to the problem with EVā€™s? Remember, china is opening an EV plant in MX with the intent to flood the USA with cheap chinese EVā€™s. That will spell the END of the American car companies.

Good news is if you want the tops 3 vehicles made in the USA you can buy your first EV.
Most American made index

Sure tesla is made in USA, but where do most of the battery parts come from? Where do a lot of the electronic components come from?
How many American jobs are lost from the fossil fuel industry and American ICE manufacturing?

Last edited:
   / I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #489  
Never said it was. I just overall think taking money from taxpayers to fund a questionable type of propulsion system is not right.
How is an EV a questionable type of propulsion. Elon has proven it works for the past 10 years and it's only getting better.
I rarely drive my diesel truck because it feels sluggish and antiquated now that I have two EV's.

/ I love electric vehicles. But increasingly I feel duped #490  
Why add to the problem with EVā€™s? Remember, china is opening an EV plant in MX witht he intent to flood the USA with cheap chinese EVā€™s. That will spell the END of the American car company.

Sure tesla is made in USA, but where do most of the battery parts come from? Where do a lot of the electronic components come from?
How many American jobs are lost from the fossil fuel industry and American ICE manufacturing?

Where do most of any product you buy come from? Again why do you worry so much?

More good news. The Tesla Giga factory in Austin is the biggest employer in Texas!

Status
Not open for further replies.