I have a question .

/ I have a question . #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
I am a union operator . I dig 20 ft deep , pull 2 boxes ,got a man in the hole and one on top . I might make 70 80 k yearly . Where do these coaches , players , criminals get off making MILLIONS . Just a question .

/ I have a question . #2  
Don't know. I crawl around attics and under buildings, have no one to pass any buck to, don't have any "plans", and no pension plan or retirement savings. Sometimes I have to drive 400KMS to make fifty bucks! Usually my accountant brings my income down to the poverty level of 9K.

Want to trade places?

/ I have a question . #3  
You have to remember a lot of these pro athletes end up broke and unskilled in anything but their "game"
Nothing wrong with making an honest living;I worked for 25 years in construction and 17 in a industrial plant and wouldn't trade places with any of these "temporary" millionaires.

/ I have a question . #5  
I am a union operator . I dig 20 ft deep , pull 2 boxes ,got a man in the hole and one on top . I might make 70 80 k yearly . Where do these coaches , players , criminals get off making MILLIONS . Just a question .

I guess when millions and millions of people are willing to watch you do your work on TV, then you will be higher compensated.

It all TV driven.

Just look at that bunch from Orange County Choppers. They have made millions. Its all TV.

MoKelly

/ I have a question . #6  
I find nothing wrong with sports figures being paid large salaries, as long as it is not coming out of my pocket. The problem is that public financing of sports facilities is part of the reason those salaries are so large.

/ I have a question . #7  
It's all about supply and demand.
Good Professional athletes a few and far between in the entire population, and they have a short professional lifespan; plus they have every sports fan in the nation as their demand level. Brady is at the top of his game, there's only one of him, and he's only got a couple years left in him as a QB.
A good machine operator tends to be much more common in the entire population, have a very long professional lifespan, and only have a limited number of people looking for them. Which means you have several people potentially for a single job, and the employer can afford to offer less.

/ I have a question . #8  
Don't know. I crawl around attics and under buildings, have no one to pass any buck to, don't have any "plans", and no pension plan or retirement savings. Sometimes I have to drive 400KMS to make fifty bucks! Usually my accountant brings my income down to the poverty level of 9K.

Want to trade places?

You have an accountant?:drink: Lucky you!

MoKelly

/ I have a question . #9  
If someone is earning their income through legal and legitimate means, it is very selfish of you to begrudge them their success. You should be happy when someone is successful. You may have a valid position on debating the merit of their income - but they are simply getting paid what has been offered.

I worked with people who were always angry when another employee got a raise. Why? It seems this is a miserable way to go through life.

It's hard to count your own blessings when you are constantly jealous for those of another.

/ I have a question . #10  
There is a simple way to bring down the high dollar amounts associated with professional sports...
The fans actually hold the purse strings...but as long as they (the fans) continue to patronize the corporate sponsors that pay for the TV advertising time etc...nothing will change but ticket prices (will keep going up)...