I have a PT also

/ I have a PT also #1  

Anonymous Poster

At last a PT forum. Now I can fess up. I too own a Power Trac. I have a PT 418 and think its a great machine. I think Power Trac should print a monthly newsletter, but failing that I get a lot from TBN.

tomt5

/ I have a PT also #2  
There's another one. Hey, register if you want and be counted among the masses /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. Good to hear from you.

/ I have a PT also #3  
I am checking in too on the new forum. I am a daily reader. Not much of a typist. When I was in high school, typing was for sissies. I never figured I would have any use for it.

MD

/ I have a PT also #4  
When I was in high school back in the late 70's, typing was 2 easy credits and the class was full of girls /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif.

Now that I work in computers, I'm glad I took it. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I've counted you in the list and tomt5 makes 19, wasabi makes 20.

Lets go for 25!

/ I have a PT also #5  
A 418? Cool. I have an old 1418, but the best we can figure it's essentially a 418, it was just called a 1418 12 years ago! Does yours have the quick attach, or the old 3-pin attachment deal like mine?

Welcome,
Dave

/ I have a PT also
Dave,

My 418 has the pin style, not a quick attach. I called Power Trac and asked about putting a quick attach on my machine but they quoted $400. For that much money I think I can live without it. Problem may be getting attachment in the future, but they said that they can probably still provide the three pin attachments. Another problem, I dont have the canopy option. I really would like to have this for the protection and safety it provides as a roll over protection structure. Unfortunatly, they want $500 for it as an add on. I really wish PT would be a bit nicer to those of us who ALREADY own a PT. I love the machine though.

tomt

/ I have a PT also #7  
Hey fella,

Cool, another 3-pin guy...<g>. Yes, I've talked to Don several times at PT about modifying the current attachments to work with the 3-pin. They charge $100 to weld on the 3 eyes to make it attach. I guess that's not bad, but it does add up.

So, essentially, the breakeven point is 4 attachments. If you plan to add 4 attachments (at an extra $100 each for the eyes), then you come out the same as having the quick attach added. I doubt that I'll add 4 more attachments, so I'm with you, I'll stick with the 3-pin, at least for now.

Regards,
Dave

/ I have a PT also #8  
Tomt5 & Davesisk:
I started looking at Power Trac before they put the quick attach on everything. It looks to me as if the major expense to convert to quick attach on the machine side would be the new valve and plumbing to lock and unlock the quick attach. If they will send you a machine-side locking plate with the lock levers, it would be simple to rig up a manual locking and unlocking system.
The hydraulic system also functions to turn a grader/snow blade or do other secondary PTO functions, but unless you want an attachment that uses that, the hydraulic part of the quick attach is just a convenience item.
Might reduce your cost crossover to two implements, but then you're looking at mounting quick attach plates on those you have. It may not be worth it unless you like fiddling with that kind of project.