I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor?

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #91  
My Exmark has the bands or little metal strips around each individual blade... but still just tosses dust and clippings out the front. Yesterday I was mowing the ditches and I was gold with dust afterwards. My black shoes were gold, blue jeans were gold, it was nuts. Its been super dry out here lately.

I always thought these bands around the blades were to increase the amount of suction each blade has so it can stand up the blades of grass while cutting them at the same time to get the best possible cut.
They do increase the suction which is how they keep dust in. Yours must be too far from the end of the blade and is letting dust and particles leak out.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #92  
I mulch in summer when I can, but when the grass grows quickly I mow twice a week and often there is too much for the clippings to just disappear. When this happens, I just hook up my lawn sweeper behind my GT and just drive over the lawn again. No more clumps of grass.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #93  
Check the true rpm your mower needs. Could be too slow. BTW: I had a side discharge 72" front deck on my F-936. Frequently got windrows. Found a 76" rear discharge deck at a sale and no more windrows.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #94  
I'm not sure a mower solution exists if the grass is high. I do have a $266 solution that works really well for me. One pass along line makes quick work of the excess.

1679230291897.png

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #95  
I'm not sure a mower solution exists if the grass is high. I do have a $266 solution that works really well for me. One pass along line makes quick work of the excess.

View attachment 789226

IMG_2302.JPG

Collection mode.
IMG_2301.JPG

Discharge mode.
Grass height doesn’t really matter.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #96  
Wicked...that indeed is some tall grass. Corrected and humble in Alabama.

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #97  
84" Flail mower
1.jpg

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #98  
Never, never mow with your FEL bucket in the air (like the picture), you are begging for an incident. Lower it or remove it (if it's a quick detach). The higher the CG, the more chance you will have a bad ending...

/ I hate grass raking! How can i avoid it? do i need a new tractor? #100  
Never, never mow with your FEL bucket in the air (like the picture), you are begging for an incident. Lower it or remove it (if it's a quick detach). The higher the CG, the more chance you will have a bad ending...
I understand. The bucket goes up and down when I mow. Been mowing that piece for 20+ years. The bucket was up as I was off the tractor looking at the ground in front of it. Thank you for your concern. (y)