I got spooked part deux

/ I got spooked part deux #1  

2LaneCruzer

Super Star Member
Tractor
John Deere LX172
This incident happened about 3 or 4 years ago; out Grandkids were like four years old, and we kept them all day every day, except at night. This day had been particularly trying, and I woke up in the middle of the night, about 2 or 3 am. Unable to sleep, I went into Sharn Jean's sewing room, which also serves as the computer room. It was a particularly quiet night; the AC was not running, nor was the refrigerator or anything that made a noise, except the old Regulator clock that has been above the fireplace for the last 40 years or so.

I was piddling around on the computer, studying Einstein's theory of Relativity or the career of Marilyn Monroe, I don't recall which at the moment, when I thought I heard a muffled voice coming from the living room. I wasn't particularly scared; we live in a rural area, and at that time had two dogs that were pretty good at keeping us informed when someone was about; besides, if someone had broken in, I figured I would have heard it...but I was at a loss to explain the voices; and even though I wasn't scared, I was something close to it.

I got up from the computer, walked very slowly down the hall and then crept very cautiously into the living room. As my eyes slowly adjusted to the dark, I couldn't see anyone by the nightlight, nor could I see anything that looked out of place. I stood there for a minute, looking around, when I saw a dim blinking light, coming from the big laundry basket that we used as a toy box...and then came the voice loud and clear from the toybox: "To Infinity and beyond!"

/ I got spooked part deux #2  
haha good chuckle and funny story.. I am afraid that would have been the last time that toy would have talked.

/ I got spooked part deux #3  
That's pretty good. Had a similar incident in my storage unit, the middle of the night, digging around for something or other, rattled some boxes around and heard Dr. Evil's voice say "ONE MIIIIILLION DOLLARS!"

/ I got spooked part deux #4  
The kids have had toys that meowed or barked. Kinda odd to hear that muffled under a pile of clothes, blankets, etc. Makes you wonder what the kids have brought into the house and hidden. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ I got spooked part deux #5  
My mother loves to tell the time my toy rabbit chased her. I was given a wind up rabbit that would run along until it was shot with a rubber dart from a toy double barrel shotgun. Years after when I had graduated to a real shotgun and real rabbits she was getting something out of storage when the rabbit came charging out from under some boxes. Mother could have set the new record for the 100 yard dash.