I got some good news today

/ I got some good news today #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I have not been taking too good of care of my one road recently as since I got hurt money is tight and I can't afford to spend a lot of money fixing the road so it is getting rough. Also, the old conctrete bridge is crumbling (it is the old trolley bridge on a second road off the main road). Well, National Grid stopped today. They have been fixing their power poles and such and there are twelve towers needing to be replaced. In order to get in to replace some of these poles they need to use our roads. They are going to build new roads to allow their equipment to make it in and out and they are going to rebuild the bridge. The two roads they are going to fix are the main roads we use all the time as our deer pens are on the other side of the bridge. The project won't happen till 2010 as they need to get EPA and the other agencies involved but when they move in they will be here for a while and are looking forward to working with us as our property gives them easy access to quite a few of the towers. They will work with us so our deer do not get disturbed also. We hope to move the deer to the further pens so they feel safe away from the work. The power guys have always been good for us to deal with and they like us also as we maintain under the lines so they don't have to do it. I am happy to get our bridge fixed as it is more of a job then I am able to do myself currently with the way the creek runs. The new road is all a bonus:)

/ I got some good news today #2  
Congrats, sounds like a bit of a windfall for you.

/ I got some good news today #3  
That's great! now.... if you never have to ask national greed for anything, you will always keep that wonderful smile...:rolleyes:

/ I got some good news today
That's great! now.... if you never have to ask national greed for anything, you will always keep that wonderful smile...:rolleyes:

Actually, National Grid has been good to work with. We do electrical work and deal with them when changeing services on homes. We have also asked them for favors when they were out working on the power lines too and they have always been great to work with. They saved us a lot of money trimming some trees around our pens when they were trimming trees along the power lines. So I don't see myself complaining anytime soon.

/ I got some good news today #5  
Good Deal Robert!!!

/ I got some good news today #6  
you are lucky, We built a new house and the service was 10' over being free, so it only cost $1800. We had to pay half of the whole project rather than the 10' is was over..:mad:

you are lucky, We built a new house and the service was 10' over being free, so it only cost $1800. We had to pay half of the whole project rather than the 10' is was over..:mad:

I am sorry about your problem. I can't justify what they do all the time but they do have a set of rules they follow and I don't recall them ever making any exceptions. They did replace a pole for us on our friend place as it was considered their pole. So all we did was run the new service from the house to the pole but they set a new pole and removed the old one that was rotted and changed it all over.

/ I got some good news today #8  
Robert,

Congrats !!! Nice to hear of your good fortune. Now while your lucky, you need to give your tractor guy a call and let him know that you'll accept delivery of your tractor any day that's good for him. LOL

Eddie

Robert,

Congrats !!! Nice to hear of your good fortune. Now while your lucky, you need to give your tractor guy a call and let him know that you'll accept delivery of your tractor any day that's good for him. LOL

Eddie

I am in no hurry to talk to him. I have been getting by without it and have plenty of other things to spend money on right now. Something good happened so the next thing is most likely not going to be good so I am keeping my eyes open and hopefully will be prepared this time:D

How is your hunting stand coming along?

/ I got some good news today #10  
The stand is a fair weather project, and every day that I'm free to work on it, I have 30 mile per hour winds, or rain to deal with. I need to deck the roof and get it shingled, but there's no way I'm gonna deal with doing that on a windy day. Especially with so little room to maneuver two stories up.

Eddie