i did it

/ i did it #1  

db1290

got my 3045 w/loader and r4 ind.tires.im curious how vgood of a deal i got.paid 16600.00 from what i hear thats a great deal.i had to travel 3hrs to get it but it was worth it.was wondering what most dealers ask for these.also looking for a tooth bar for my bucket where to look for a good price.also a descent brush hog.i have 40 acres to clear its all replanted pines around 4 inches on the average.want to clean out some or something else to use to pull them out i know the bush hog wont.it a pain going tree to tree pulling out.started clearing fence rows so my kids horses have more room and able to start getting cows on it. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ i did it #2  
Congrats on the 3045, I love mine! How much dealers sell a tractor for usually is determined by what part of the country they are in. Not sure where you're from, but I bet it's not the Northeast. Your price is a good price for the South, a great price for up here in the Northeast. As for your trees, I once saw a "Brown tree cutter" that was designed to back into a tree. I imagine it's not cheap as a good quality rotary cutter is a few thousand. I guess it depends on how difficult it is to pull the trees as to if it's worth it or not.

Pacesetter

/ i did it #3  
You should be able to get a good 5' rotary cutter for under $1,000, at least in the South. I'm sure if you cut and then turn your animals loose on the area, the pine trees will disappear.
Animals have a way of keeping pastureland from growing up into woodlands.

/ i did it #4  
If you got your tractor and loader @ 16600 you basically stole it,Thats less than dealer cost with discounts and rebates factored in as well.Hope they will be around for service if it is needed.Good luck with the tractor,its a great machine-Where did you get it from?

/ i did it
got it from a dealer in houston.said if he makes 500.00 on it hes happy.i was his 1st century sale.hes a small outfit not much overhead so i guess thats why he can sell so cheap.like he said though he wants custumers to come back and tell others about him.the man i buy my hay from is also a branson dealer and he said he would do all my warranty work if i needed him too.so theres no worries there.this is an awesome tractor done some loader work and its great.more than i expected.now i just have to find attachment for clearing some trees that can run off of tractor.

/ i did it #6  
You will love your tractor. I have the same and it is great. Around here some of the xmas tree farmers use a VERY heavy duty rototiller after they cut the trees. I think you would have enough tractor to run a 5ft one but they are very expensive. I think they are a rotovator brand but I'm not sure. Also this attachment would clip the trees off at ground level and as long as you didn't have to work the ground you could just leave the stumps in.
www.treeshear.com/hydrasnip.htm
I would love to have one but con't justify the cost for how much I would use it
leaddog

/ i did it #7  
My Dad farmed xmas trees when I was a kid. We just sawed the trees with a small chainsaw, or used an old gravely walk behind with a sawblade on the front. (that was an OSHA nightmare. ) We'd pile the trees into piles and then burn them. Anything small, went the way of the bushhog. I've seen my dad ride down some pretty large trees with our old bushhog. As for the stumps, we would saw close to the ground. Our humid summers here would rot the pine stumps rather quickly. If you are in the arid southwest, that might be another story. As for the tractor.... you will love it. Congratulations .

pete

/ i did it
the land i have was timberland w/2 cut overs on it.down here in la. everything decomposes quick but alot of the big stumps will leave huge sink hole im talking 10ft round but its not on all.im not worrying about them id be pulling stumps till i was an old man.the holes i find i fill in.im looking for a heavy enough duty cutter that will cut alot of the replanted pines and the bigger brush.i was thinking about contacting forest dept. to see how much they would burn my land.people down here do it themselves but i guess im one of the chickens afraid id catch every thing else around me.most of it is timber company land.

/ i did it #9  
Our REMC contracts out it's right of way clearing and I've seen these guys come in with what looks like a front end loader used in a gravel pit, but instead of a bucket they have a huge bush hog on the front. I assume hydraulic. They just push down stuff and chop it up. It is amazing the size of stuff they shred with that... and this is hardwoods like oak. Pine should be a lot softer to work with. Also, I am with you concerning fire. We were burning xmas tree piles one march day, and things were going pretty good when my dad decided to get a few more piles going. Well, the wind came up ,and next thing we know the dry grass ( mowed short) is burning around each pile and spreading out. I ran down the hill to our garage and picked up a big garden sprayer. We also had some old rugs that we wet down in the pond and were trying to beat out the fire. We were both fighting fire and happened to look around and see that fire was going under the tractor. My dad did a 100 yrd dash and drove that tractor out of there in a hurry. We finally gained control, however learned our lesson that day.

pete