I am in trouble......again

/ I am in trouble......again #1  

RSKY

Veteran Member
Kentucky, West of the Lakes, South of Possum Trot.
Tractor
Kioti CK20S
Bought fireworks last night at one of those tent thingies that have appeared everywhere around here. Told my wife I wouldn't spend over $80.

Used the wrong credit card...?..

As soon as I paid she got an e-mail with the amount.

Oh well.....the grand kids will be happy.

RSKY

Did the same thing two years ago. Heard about it for weeks. Forgot which card to use.

/ I am in trouble......again #3  
Whenever I see a roadside fireworks stand I think of the fireworks scene from the movie "Joe Dirt."

/ I am in trouble......again #4  
Wish I had a neighbor like you!!! I hate spending money on fireworks, but love bringing beer over to a friend that's putting on a show.

/ I am in trouble......again #5  
   / I am in trouble......again #6  
RSKY thats why me and the mrs have seperate accounts. Saves on the YesDearItWontHappenAgains.
If your ever over towards Somerset there is an older couple that sell fireworks year round that are way better and cheaper than the yearly pop up tents.

/ I am in trouble......again #7  
Wish I had a neighbor like you!!! I hate spending money on fireworks, but love bringing beer over to a friend that's putting on a show.

I don't know Eddie... I have neighbors who you'd swear OWNED a Fireworks factory. They set off fireworks for every holiday and Birthday. They have 7 kids and who knows how many Grandkids.

They are great folks... but I find myself always wondering if I missed a Holiday or who's birthday is it... or is it just Thursday...

/ I am in trouble......again #8  
One of my closest neighbors - 3 1/2 miles to the West, as the crow flies - will set off so much fireworks - I think he is trying to start WW3. He must spend a fortune - the aerial displays are fantastic here at my place.

/ I am in trouble......again #9  
For several years we had a fireworks stand that's name was, and I kid you not....

"Missing Finger Fireworks"

What idiots. They ran it out of a lawnmower shop. If you needed lawnmower parts anytime within 2 weeks of the 4th, they'd act like it was a bother to get away from the fireworks tables to help you with your lawnmower issue.

/ I am in trouble......again #10  
Many, many years ago, the City of Dallas outlawed fireworks. So the fireworks stands set up just outside the city limits. And I can remember a time when the Fire Marshall and his employees would sit just inside the city limits and watch fireworks stands with binoculars. When someone bought fireworks and came back into the city, they'd stop that person, confiscate the fireworks and issue the buyer a citation that was treated about the same as a traffic ticket. I have no idea whether such things are still being done.