Hydrostatic trandmission issue

/ Hydrostatic trandmission issue #1  

sarakodi

I have a TYM T233 and runs great accept the Hydrostatic transmission is having an issue the forward and reverse peddle stays down and continues in that direction until I push the peddle in the opposite direction.
It's annoying but works but I'd like to fix it.
There looks to be small piston that may have something to do with it but I'm not sure.
Any sugestions?

Thanks in advance
Mike

/ Hydrostatic trandmission issue #2  
Perhaps a dumb question, but did you check to see if the pedal return springs are still attached? My recollection is there are at least two. I had a similar issue awhile back, only to find out that a stick must have snapped off a couple of the springs that help the pedals return to a neutral position. Too bad that TYM didn't protect these with an underguard). I think that the piston you're referring to is intended to dampen the speed to which the pedals return to neutral, so the machine doesn't stop short and buck you off :laughing:.
good luck,
Pete

/ Hydrostatic trandmission issue
Your right I should check because I have been pushing lots of brush.

I'll get back to you on this.

/ Hydrostatic trandmission issue #4  
You are not talking about the HST creeping? The pedals actually stay down when pressed? If so all the way down or just a little?

One issue I had was the linkage on one of my HST pedals was rubbing on one of the nuts near the joystick valve. I had to make some adjustments to keep it from rubbing and catching. This only happened with one of the pedals not both as you described. I think TYMinColton is got you headed in the right direction.

Maybe this would be a good time to request pictures of the HST pedal linkage for those with T233,T273 & T293's??

Last edited:
   / Hydrostatic trandmission issue #5  
Look under the machine where it connects there is a bolt , it looks like a double bolt head the smaller one is the one you need to turn. Shut off the machine then turn the nut one way or another. Then check for creep if you went the wrong way you'll know.

Keep adjusting it until it stops, very , very easy fix. We've all had this experience if you do a search someone posted pics of IIRC.

HST creep....also if you tap on the pedal it will stop unless its way out of whack.