Oil & Fuel hydro tranny oil filter

/ hydro tranny oil filter #1  

moxtundra

Tractor
cub cadet gt2000
Going on 3 yrs with my GT2000. Attempted for the second time to remove the hydro oil filter to no avail. For my 10 hr. oil change had to bring it to the dealer. Aren't these supposed to be finger tight? Used a filter wrench but this puppy is too tight to budge. Changed the expensive oil, but kept the filter on until next time. Am I going to regret this? Any tricks for removing a stuck oil filter other than shoving a screw driver through it? Thanks

/ hydro tranny oil filter #2  
I bought a nylon strap filter remover, uses your 1/2 ratchet to loosen.
works on all the stubborn filters.

/ hydro tranny oil filter
It's hard enough getting to anything on this puppy to service it, let alone a stubborn filter. I will try that one. Thanks,

/ hydro tranny oil filter #4  
They should be hand tight but in some cases the seal material is designed to swell which can make these filters very difficult to remove. Strap wrench installed as close to the mounting face to reduce the crushing effect on the filter will usually work.

Not changing the filter. Hard to say if you will regret this since the unknown is how much debris was generated during the first 10 hrs of operation. Not sure how your system is made but if it has a by-pass for the filter, once the filter plugs it will allow unfiltered to circulate through your system.